lilac

"I'm such a dumbass," Naruto mumbled to himself as he approached the stairwell in Lee's massive house. He held his brown satchel close to his body and slowly walked up each step, weaving around a cluster of teenagers once he made it to the second floor.

He wandered past all the noise and peered down the long hallway, spotting a couple doors littered on the wall. Naruto walked towards one of the doors in search of a quiet place to reflect. Latching onto the doorknob, the blond twisted it open and popped his head inside. The entire room was dark so he felt around the inside wall for a light switch.

His fingers grazed over the switch and he flicked it up. Immediately, he heard two people groan in protest at the sudden light. It was a bedroom, clearly, and the pair was doing bedroom stuff. Naruto quickly turned the light off and shut the door. He caught a glimpse of the two people; he recognized them as Shikamaru, one of his dry humored baseball friends, and Temari, Gaara's older sister. No wonder the lights were off. Gaara was very protective of his sister.

Naruto shook off the spectacle and tried the next door, which happened to be a bathroom. He stepped inside and his heels clacked along the tiled floor. Locking the door behind him, the blond leaned over the sink counter and stared at his girly reflection.

"I'm not even a girl in his eyes." He brushed his hair back by combing through it with his fingers. "I'm nothing."

His eyes fell and landed on the sink nozzle. He turned the water on and cupped some of it in his palms, splashing it on his face. He repeated this process numerous times until looking back at his reflection. The makeup he wore didn't come off completely: black mascara streaked down his cheeks, pink lipstick was smudged on his mouth, and his eyebrow hairs pointed in different directions. Naruto continued to scrub until the majority was gone, which took nearly ten minutes of nonstop rinsing.

Finally, he turned off the faucet and dried off his face with one of Lee's many white towels. His face was irritated pink from all the scrubbing but at least the makeup was gone. The blond left the bathroom after that and searched for another unoccupied room. He just wanted to distract himself from the party at this point.

Three rooms and too many awkward encounters later, Naruto finally found an empty bedroom at the end of the hall. He opened the door, covering his eyes with his hand, and stepped inside. When he didn't hear anybody throwing up, moaning, or crying, he removed his hands.

"Finally!" The blond rushed over and plopped himself on the bed in the center of the room. He laid on his back and stared at the light blue ceiling with a blank expression. Looking around the room he spotted a desk with books, a computer, pencils, and other studious items. The walls were plastered with football stars and sports posters. There were even shelves where nerdy little bobble heads rested of celebrity players and famous actors.

"Is this... Lee's room?" Naruto sat up and inspected the sheets he was laying on. They were navy blue with matching blue pillows and a football plushie. "Definitely."

He did feel a little shame just wandering in his best friend's boyfriend's room without a care in the world. But, then again, if he didn't want anyone in here he would have locked it.

The blond's eyes rested on the nightstand where three items laid: a small blue lamp, a retainer case, and a picture frame. He examined the photo in silence. It appeared to be a younger Lee with a man and a woman smiling beside him. Were those his parents? Naruto thought the youthful teen was raised by his uncle for most of his life.

Nevertheless, he wasn't planning to snoop into Lee's personal life. Maybe he was going to take a nap.

"I miss Sasuke..."