foxglove

"So, how was it?" Sakura wondered, smirking at her flushed best friend. They were on their way to school again in the blistering cold.

"How was what?"

"Your little stroll with Mr. Bad Boy," she clarified. "I saw you two yesterday through my window. There were a lotta smiles between you two."

"You mean Sasuke?" Naruto swallowed nervously and pulled at his puffy jacket collar. "W-We became friends."

"Hm. Just friends?" Sakura couldn't hold back the vicious smile on her lips. "Are you sure that's all you guys are? Cuz I don't turn that red with any of my friends."

"Yes, Sakura. Just friends."

"You become friends within one day of meeting in each other. I wonder what'll happen after a week." She snickered. "Maybe you could even invite him to Lee's party."

"I'm not going to Lee's party." Naruto shook his head and scrunched his face up. "There's nothing I hate more than horny teenagers, loud music, and booze. Plus, I have to train for the baseball tryouts in a few weeks."

"What?! You have to be there! You're like my best friend!" Sakura whined, grabbing on his puffy sleeve. "Someone has to tell me to not sleep with Lee! I won't have any self restraint without you there! I'm trying to maintain my innocence, you know!"

"Dude, if you wanna sleep with Lee, go ahead. I'm not your babysitter."

"B-But..." Sakura huffed. "Well if you won't go for me maybe you can go for yourself. This is your last year as a high schooler. After this, we'll be adults with taxes and whatever the fuck else. Live a little! You won't be a teenager forever."

"I am living. I'm trying to be a baseball player on our school team. What's more teenager than that?"

"Getting wasted and making out with your crush."

Naruto rolled his eyes. "You're beyond help."

"Just think about it! Please! For me?" She stuck out a pink glossed bottom lip.

"I'll think about it if you stop nagging me." He huffed.

"Deal! But if you do go, you have to let me dress you. This is just the occasion to look a little slutty."

Naruto's grimace weighed him down. He could imagine it— a low cut dress with a cleavage dip at the chest. Stockings, heels and... makeup. Ugh. He wanted to vomit. Sakura's idea of slutty was exactly the image he didn't want to push. Nobody was going to believe that he was a man by wearing a small dress that exposed his 'feminine curves.'

"That's not me..." Naruto groaned.

Sakura was about to interject when the revving of a motorcycle caught the pair's attention. Speeding in from the left, leaving a bog of smoke behind him, was the composed Uchiha. He halted to a stop in front of them and anchored his heel on the sidewalk. Sakura looked over at her best friend and almost squealed at his embarrassed face.

Sasuke took off his helmet and drove a hand through his hair, tossing his bang to the side. He smirked and greeted Naruto, a white puff escaping his mouth, "Hey, blondie."

Naruto couldn't even respond. He was frozen stiff. You could tap his shoulder and watch him fall like a wooden plank, if you wanted to. If his face got any hotter and pinker, steam would've started to seep from his forehead.

An idea popped into Sakura's head and she couldn't wipe the nasty grin off her face. She clapped her hands together and batted her emerald eyes. "So, Sasuke, do you like parties?"

"Parties?" the raven repeated, tilting his head. "Depends on the type."

She glanced at Naruto. "My boyfriend, Lee— Captain of the football team, loaded as fuck— is hosting a party at his house this weekend. Me and Naruko will be going along with like, half the school."