Chapter 9 : Broken mirror

"I SWEAR THIS DORM IS GOING TO DRIVE ME CRAZY!!" Yoongi yelled, enraged and more tired than ever.

A shard of glass follow by a scream had just sounded startling everyone. The whole dorm was slowly emerging from sleep and getting ready for the day ahead. Yet, Yoongi, feeling that his mind had finally agreed to give in to fatigue, had allowed himself a little morning nap by agreeing to sacrifice his breakfast for it.

However, the noise of the broken mirror had just woken him from the sleep he had just returned to and he was in a black rage.

"I had managed to fall asleep!" Yoongi moaned in frustration to the attention of Seokjin who was awake and getting ready quietly next to him to preserve the rapper's sleep. In vain because of this din coming from another room of the dormitory.

"No need to get up, try to sleep a little longer, I'll see what's going on," the eldest told him as he finished dressing.

Muttering a thank you, Yoongi almost instantly fell back asleep as he closed his eyes again. Seokjin smiled as he heard his softly snore soon after. He didn't understand how Yoongi could be so tired when he fell asleep before him but he imagined that he had some catching up to do after his two sleepless nights. He turned off his lamp and left, carefully closing the bedroom door behind him.

When he had located the origin of the noise, Seokjin headed to the bathroom adjoining Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok's room. He found the three boys gathered in front of a broken mirror in the center of which blood trickled down to the sink.

"W-what happened?!" he exclaimed in horror, looking at them one after the other to find the person who had hurt himself by banging on that mirror. His eyes finally stopping on Jimin's hand closed around Taehyung's wrist.

"That's what we're trying to figure out," explained Hoseok who, still in his pajamas and leaning on his crutches, couldn't do much to help.

"Tae was alone here when he punched the mirror," Jimin added, without letting go of Taehyung's trembling wrist to prevent him from hitting the mirror again and further injuring himself.

"Taehyung, why would you do that!" Seokjin asked with worry, grabbing the young singer's wrist in turn to examine his hand still clenched into a fist and see that shards of glass were stuck in his bloody skin. He winced in pain seeing that but Taehyung meanwhile seemed to ignore his own pain.

Indeed, without paying attention to his wound or the three other boys around him, he was staring at the mirror with a frightened air. Seeing that, Seokjin turned to the broken mirror to see what could be frightening but other than their own reflection and that of the bathroom, there was nothing abnormal to look at. The only scary thing was Taehyung's frightened expression whose eyes were no longer blinking.

"Taehyung, are you here with us?!" Seokjin shouted loudly, snapping his fingers to wake him from his torpor.

This time, Taehyung jumped, and seeing the reflection of the others in the mirror with him, he turned to them.

"W-what?"he asked them before moaning in pain as he looked down at his still clenched hand. He suddenly opened it to stare in horror at the back of his injured hand.

"It's up to us to ask you, Taehyung," Jimin sighed. "Why didn't you answer us? And why did you hit the mirror like that?"

Taehyung seemed to think for a moment, his mouth half open but, embarrassed, he finally refrained.

"I'm not sure, I thought I saw something that scared me but I must have been dreaming."

"You're kidding, right?!" Hoseok protested, bewildered, "no sane person hits a mirror like this because they thought they saw something!"