Chapter 19 : Culpability

When Namjoon went out to greet Seokjin and pay for the taxi that brought him back, he had the unpleasant surprise to discover that Seokjin was holding a doll as big as a baby against him. Under its dress, legs had appeared and all it needed were feet to be able to have a whole body.

"H-how is this possible?" the leader stammered .

"I found it by chance in the Han River, near the bank. Even though we threw her away, my doll found me," Seokjin said with a small, happy smile, "I think she will always find me. After all, I promised her I would never leave her."

Namjoon tried to ignore his fear of the doll for the moment and paid the taxi driver who quickly left. Then, he focused on Seokjin, who he would have to convince to stay. Only then could he take care of destroying this demon doll and making it disappear from their lives. Definitely, this time.

"Hey, Jin hyung, are you okay?" he asked, hugging him and feeling him freezing.

"Yes, it's okay, I'm sorry for running away like that earlier."

"Don't apologize, it's our turn to apologize hyung. But let's talk inside, you also need to change before you catch a cold."

"Okay," Seokjin said meekly.

"Will you let me take your doll? I'll carry it for you," Namjoon offered, seeing that Seokjin, because of his arms in a sling, was having trouble holding it by his little arm and that it was threatening to slip through his thin fingers.

Seokjin shook his head, giving him a suspicious look.

"No, I don't want you to try to throw it away again."

"I won't do this again, I promise. Hyung, I want to prove to you that you can trust me," Namjoon affirmed, holding out his hand.

Seokjin thought for a few moments and seemed to measure the distance between them and the door, to see if he could trust Namjoon to lead the doll to the house. Then, he finally nodded and let Namjoon take the doll from him, which had indeed become bulky.

"Thank you for trusting me hyung," Namjoon said, relieved.

He led the way to stay in Seokjin's line of sight and entered the dorm first. Upon entering, Seokjin was greeted by Jungkook and Jimin who hugged him tightly while crying that he had scared them and that he should never leave like that again ignoring their calls for so long or even say that he was going to leave the group.

"I don't know yet if-" Seokjin began, who had planned to listen to his dongsaengs but was now undecided on whether to leave.

"Come on hyung, you need to put on some dry clothes, we'll help you," Jungkook cut in so as not to give him the opportunity to say again that he wanted to leave.

Resigned, Seokjin let himself be led to his room by Jungkook and Jimin, not without glancing at Taehyung, Hoseok and Yoongi who were watching him from afar from the living room, not daring to speak to him because of the how they had behaved before.

But when they saw the doll in Namjoon's hands, their relief at seeing Seokjin return gave way to fear.

"You went to pick it up in the street?!" Hoseok asked Namjoon in a low voice to prevent Seokjin from hearing him.

"Impossible, I went to check earliercoming home from the doctor with Jimin, it wasn't there anymore," Yoongi replied.

"Look, it's not me," Namjoon said, "Jin hyung got out of the taxi with it, he said he found it by chance in the river."

"By chance?" Taehyung repeated, "it's witchcraft, there's no doubt about it."

"We will have to go find a priest to purify this object and the dorm at the same time because this story goes too far: how did this doll find Jin hyung?!" Hoseok said.