Chapter 13 : Jungkook's guilt

The next morning, the members met at the gym with their sports coaches as usual. Indeed, the idol profession was a profession that required being in very good physical shape and some of them were not only aiming for physical fitness when they trained, but also trying to define the muscles of their body.

This was the case for Jungkook who considered his physical appearance too ordinary and wanted to stand out from the others with a particularly muscular body that he was keen to soon be able to reveal to his fans who still took him for a child even though he saw himself as a man.

While he went to the side of the dumbbell and collected very heavy ones, Seokjin had fun making the others laugh by lifting two very small pink dumbbells of one kilo each, pretending that they were very heavy for his weak arms and even ends up dropping them while massaging his supposedly painful shoulders.

Looking at him, Jungkook chuckled, shaking his head as if he were a disapproving parent watching his son's mischief. Then he focused again on his own exercises, which were not a joke and brought out all the veins in his arms.

"Seonsaeng-nim, Jin hyung is not working!" Jimin exclaimed like sulky child, making the others laugh.

On the orders of the sports coach, Seokjin finally had to resolve to do his warm-ups next to Jungkook who was focused on what he was doing. He saw the efforts of the youngest who made him sweat profusely and who mobilized all the muscles of his upper body. He told himself that he should get to work hard too and that the time for jokes was over. Jungkook's efforts were admirable and he knew he should take an example from him. After his moment of weakness the day before, Jungkook seemed to be doing better or at least showed no fragility.

But Seokjin preferred to keep an eye on Jungkook for the moment, because he knew that the youngest was not in the best shape despite the appearances and someone - Seokjin obviously - had to watch over him if he didn't show his weaknesses to others.

While lying down on his elbows to support his body and work his abs, Seokjin noticed near the weight storage rack a young woman's back whose face he couldn't see except for her long hair. She was right behind Jungkook who had his back turned to her and she seemed to be checking the solidity of the fixings of the bars where the heavy weights were placed.

Her silhouette was familiar to Seokjin and yet, he didn't remember ever seeing a female coach since they trained here, but there were always new people working with them so he didn't question it further and focused on his tight stomach which was painfully on fire for his long minute of core building.

Then, finishing with a grunt of relief, he got back on his knees and raised his head. The young woman was no longer there and she was nowhere else in the room.

Maybe she had just come here to take inventory of the equipment? Seokjin shrugged, realizing it was none of his business. He was going to get back on his fitness mat for the rest of his exercises but behind Jungkook, a creaking sound was heard and caught his attention. He suddenly saw a screw in the shelf jump out of its hole and a metal pull-up bar quickly detach itself from its location, carried away by the heavy alters.

Seokjin felt his heart skip a beat seeing that Jungkook was in the path of this dangerous falling object. Worse, Jungkook, too focused on putting his own alters on the ground to breathe, had not heard the noise behind him and therefore had not noticed the danger that was about to hit him. It was a matter of seconds and Seokjin didn't wait to find out how many. He immediately jumped up screaming:

"JK, WATCH OUT!!"

He pushed the maknae just as the heavy bar had just fallen with a resounding crash and hit him head on instead of Jungkook.