Chapter 15 : I will never leave you

Entering the dormitory late the next morning, Seokjin received a cold welcome. Hoseok and Yoongi hurriedly greeted him and hurried out of the dorm, saying they had to go to the recording studio and not even taking the time to ask him how he was doing. Jimin and Taehyung, for their part, remained locked in their room, pretending to sleep.

Both Seokjin's arms were locked in an arm sling to prevent him from moving his shoulders and he was half knocked out by painkillers, supported by his manager. Jungkook hurried to meet him and gently take him in his arms while Sejin left  to return to his duties.

"Hyung, I'm so glad you're home!" exclaimed Jungkook with a sincerity which however did not manage to hide his worried look.

"Thanks, JK. Are the others... Are they mad at me?" Seokjin articulated with difficulty.

"O-of course not, hyung, why would they blame you?" Jungkook asked nervously.

"Because I got hurt and I'm going to cause harm to the group again," Seokjin said painfully.

Realizing what he meant, Jungkook opened his eyes wide and quickly denied:

"Hyung, how can you think that?! You saved me, you got hurt in my place, who could blame you?!"

"But they seemed-"

"No, Jin hyung," Namjoon intervened, having just appeared on the stairs to greet Seokjin. "Obviously no one blames you for that."

He gently placed a reassuring hand on Seokjin's.

"It's just that they are a little nerv-" he started, wanting to talk to him about the doll.

But he met the gaze of Jungkook who shouted silently at him not to talk about it for the moment.

"A little worried," the leader hastily corrected himself. "While we're grateful Jungkook wasn't hurt, you shouldn't have put yourself in danger like that."

"I wasn't going to let JK get hurt," Seokjin replied and Jungkook curled up against him gratefully.

"Thank you very much, Jin hyung. And now it's my turn to take care of you. Come on, I'll take you to your room," he said, dragging Seokjin who was moving slowly, wanting to get him away from Namjoon so that the latter wouldn't say anything that might upset the elder or make him sad.

Seokjin let himself be led obediently, too eager to get to his bed. In his room, Jungkook helped him temporarily remove his arm sling and splint and change, before putting them back on. Then, he pulled the covers off the bed and invited his eldest to come and lie down before covering him. He then sat on the edge of the bed, as if he wanted to tuck him in, looking at him with a mixture of affection and concern:

"Hyung, I'm really sorry you got hurt because of me."

"I'm not sorry for saving you," Seokjin replied softly.

"I know hyung," Jungkook said sadly, knowing full well that Seokjin always put him before himself. "But I'm worried about you."

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine, JK," Seokjin whispered tiredly.

"No, that's not true," Jungkook protested.

"I will be fine," Seokjin corrected. "Can I ask you something?" 

"Sure, whatever you want!" Jungkook exclaimed, happy to be able to help his hyung.

"Could you please see if my doll is under the bed?"

Jungkook froze. Seokjin was feeling bad so he wanted to use his doll. The youngest knew that the doll couldn't be there since Namjoon had thrown it away but he still leaned under the bed briefly to be able to say to Seokjin: