Chapter One: Booker Bridges

Hello and welcome, readers. My name is Cowboy Alchemist, and I'm happy to bring my Owl House story from Fanfiction.net to Wattpad. This story has been growing quickly in popularity, so I figured why not bring it here? 

"The Seventh Son"

Now, before we get started on Booker's story of becoming the mighty Seventh Born of the Seventh Born, I just need to make something perfectly clear, because I know that this is going to cause unneeded drama if I don't say something. 

Yes, Amity is paired with a boy in this story.  In this AU, she's bi, just like Luz. Yes, I'm well aware that she's a lesbian in the show. BUT, allow me to explain! On Fanfiction.Net, this story was posted on 6/26/2020. That was after Escape of the Palisman and before Sense and Insensitivity. And of course before Enchanting Grom Fright, and the creator confirming Amity's sexuality! Meaning that I didn't know that she would be a lesbian when I started the story all that time ago.

Then again, this is fanfiction, and people change the sexuality of characters all the time in their stories. I just wanted to get that out of the way to avoid any drama or bullshit people might think.

Enjoy!

"Booker," said a Nun, looking down the 13-year-old boy sitting on his bed. Booker Bridges was an orphan who was slightly shorter than most boys his age and had messy, gold-blonde hair and gold-yellow eyes. He wore a black t-shirt under a green lizard hoodie with a roll of fake spikes going down his back and two big eyes on the hood. He wore blue jeans and white and black shoes.

The most distinct feature about him was his ears were slightly pointy.

Booker adverted his eyes from the Nun as she looked down at him. The Nun then reached down and with her hand under his chin, made him look up at her. Showing the cut on his right cheek and the black eye he had. "Booker..." she reached down and made him turn his head towards her. He jerked away, making her sigh in annoyance. "What're we gonna do with you? You must be tired of these lectures. I know I'm tired of giving them. Now you have to stay here even longer when you could have been in a new home. With a new family."

"I don't care," Booker said, looking down at his bed.

The nun sighed and nodded her head. "Yes, that is the crux of the problem," she said, walking over to a bookshelf that held many other books like a fantasy novel series called The Good Witch Azura and the Dark One. He was intruded to the series by a friend from his school when he still had his family. Before the accident. The content of the novels focused on the adventures of the title character, Azura, who embarked on magical quests fighting evil and bringing peace across enchanted lands. The Dark One of the title refers to the second main character, Dominic, who was just a normal farmer boy before discovering that he's been gifted with powerful magic that he's seeking to control.

Booker turned his head to look at the book that was laying next to him. "I don't see why I'm in trouble-"

"Because you started the fight," the nun interrupted, looking at him with a critical gaze.

"He wouldn't give me back my book," Booker protested.

The nun sighed and shook her head. "I told you to leave those books in your room. You only have yourself to blame," she said, walking back to stand in front of him.

"Doesn't give that punk the right to just snatch it from me," Booker growled.

"Does that give you the right to start throwing punches?"