Chapter Seven: The Wailing Star

It was another calm day in the Owl House. No danger, no running from the guards, and no magic training...again.

So, to pass the time, Booker and Luz did their own things. Booker was standing in front of the coach, looking at his hands. Taking a deep breath before clapping his hands together and using a power spell. After the covention, he was hesitant to use this spell, but wanted to practice it to have full control of it. Approaching the coach, he grabbed it at the bottom and started to lift while Luz was reading his copy of The Good Witch Azura and the Dark One, Volume 5 to King. This time getting it just above his shoulders.

"Alright! Getting better," he said with a grin and placed the coach down gently. Luz and King didn't mind, too focused on the book. She was borrowing it from her best friend, who is the original owner.

"'Our paths have crossed only in battle.' Hecate began. 'But today I stand before you seeking an ally.'" Luz read to King, before sighing in content.

"Luz, you're getting all swoony again," said King

"She always gets like that with that book," Booker said, sitting down on the coach.

"I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival. I wish I had that kind of power," Luz said.

"You know that only happens in anime, right?" Booker commented. The biggest culprit in his option was Fairy Tail. "I mean, if we had that power, Amity would be our friend by now."

"Rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended." King said, trying to sound wise before he started wagging his tail. "Now keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom."

"Okay." Luz opened the book and continued reading out loud. "'Suddenly the door swung open.'"

Suddenly the door swung open, by Hooty. "Ding‐dong. Ding. Hoot! Hoot!" He yelled, taking them all by surprise.

"The book has come to life! Burn it!" King yelled, pointing at the door.

"No," Booker said, taking his book back from Luz. The two friends then walked over to the door and saw a basket with a blanket tucked in.

"Kids! What's going on over there?" Eda called from inside the kitchen.

"Eda, you got a package!" Booker said as Luz picked it up and closed the door. The two plus King walked into the kitchen, where the young girl placed the basket down on the counter.

"It looks like a gift basket," Luz said with a smile.

"Probably an offering. Ah! Being the most powerful witch in the Boiling Isles has its perks," Eda busted as King tied a bib around his neck. Reaching for the blanket, the little demon grunted as he pulled it off the top of the basket.

However, to their surprise, inside was a snoring baby with blue hair.

"Mm. Fresh meat." King said excitedly as he rubbed his paws together.

"Oh, hell no, King!" Booker said, bonking him on the head and pulling the basket away from King. "You're not eating a baby!"

"Witches eating babies is so 1693. What is this?" Eda said, looking at the baby.

"There's a note," Luz said, grabbing the note attached to the basket while King rubbed his head. "'Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi?'"

"Nope. Babies are awful. Not happening," Eda said, crossing her arms.

"'You will be handsomely rewarded. X‐O‐X‐O‐X‐O‐X. Bat Queen.'"

"Bat Queen?" Eda asked, as King pulled a few snails out of the basket. They were gold coins that were the currency of the Boiling Isle. Eda's eyes widened. "Reward~?"