Chapter Twelve: Understanding Willow

Amity's life was simple. Go to school, be popular, maintain social status, and get the best grades. But most of all, it was to uphold the Blight family name, resulting in a high level of expectations being placed on her shoulders. One of those expectations was to be friends with kids of the same stature as her or children of the people her mother was friends with.

Which is why she was hanging out with Boscha. Both girls were leaning against their lockers as the three-eyed queen bee was magically changing her nails while Amity was reading a book. Ever since learning about Booker's status as a Seventh Born, she's been trying to do more research into the subject. However, information was scarce. Something that didn't make much sense to her, as there would surely be information on these powerful beings.

She mostly ignored Bosha as she changed her nails to tentacles. "Too wiggly." the girl scoffed before changing them to miniature flames. "Too obvious." She groaned before turning her nails into talons. "Now we're talkin'! I think today is a talons day—rawr!"

Amity rolled her eyes before the nicest of her friend group came running over. "Hey, girls! Time to bug out at my birthday party!" Skara exclaimed as she walked over with a smile. Amity and Bosha stopped what they were doing as the black witch held up an invite which unrolled in the shape of a red butterfly. Its wings read "SKARA'S 15th". "Invite only, but you witches are my VIPs, bitches!"

She handed the two girls each a red butterfly. "Are these made of real insect wings?" Amity asked, looking at her unfolded invite with a raised eyebrow.

"My dad spared no expense! You only turn 15 once!" Skara said happily.

"You only turn every age once, Skara," said her tri-clops friend in a blunt tone.

"AAAAAAAHHH!" A sudden scream got the attention of the girls, and they looked in the direction it came from. The source turned out to be Gus as he collapsed to the ground with a slushy in his hand. "My brain is freezing!"

"Gus is out, and we're down to the final competitors!" Luz exclaimed while holding a spoon to her mouth as if it were a microphone. She then pointed to Felix and Willow. "He joins the corner of shame!"

"Hey, my slushy was too cold, I tell you!" Felix exclaimed, getting a chuckle from Willow.

"We're now down to our last competitors!" Luz said, pointing to the last three Bridges cousins that were left standing; Booker, Jason, and Roswell.

Roswell, who was wearing the uniform for the Planet track, looked at his jumbo slushy cup. "Why are we doing this?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Come on, it's fun," Booker said, nudging him. In order to hide his Seventh Son traits, Eda had him wear a gunmetal color beanie to hide most of his golden hair. Luz added a smiley face patch to the hat, to give more, as she called it, happiness.

"Are you ready!?" Luz said, pulling out a duck call whistle from her pocket. The three boys looked at her with determination as they got ready to slurp. Luz then blew into the duck call, making its funny duck noise.

The three boys then started slurping their slushies as fast as they could, all while the others chanted 'brain freeze'. The first one to lose was Roswell, who groaned in pain from a brain freeze. The next was Booker, who squealed and made a funny face. This made Jason the clear winner of the challenge, but he didn't stop until he drank every last drop of his slushy. He threw the empty cup to the ground and yelled in victory. "I AM THE DEVOURER OF SLUSHIES"

Skara couldn't help but giggle at her cousins' silly game, however, she stopped when Boscha shot her a glare. "It's so weird that a human goes here now, but to let a hybrid of a human and a witch in is just worse and should never have been allowed. Too bad they've already burned their social life at the stake. Any friend of Willow's is an automatic dork," she said with a sense of superiority and cockiness. This did draw a brief glare from Amity, who wasn't happy with Boscha's racism towards Booker and Luz.