Chapter 3

I haven't left my room all day. I mean that was the plan anyway with me trying to overcome my hangover and everything.

Maybe I was over exaggerating a bit with the whole Leo staying with me and my dad. He said he's change and the sincerity in his voice made me believe that perhaps it's true. But with everything that has happened in the past I couldn't shake off the feeling of hatred towards the guy.

We have both grown since last seeing each other. I think we were both busy with filming for our movies and for him the fame as-well. Just like high school he was such a heartthrob to all the girls perhaps the whole world even. Me on the other hand I'm known but have only starred in my dads movies as he didn't believe I was grown enough to take on work from other directors. How people didn't catch on we were related was beyond me. Leo and the people around my house were the only people that knew.

I sighed as I sat up on my bed. I was actually starting to become hungry. I looked at my phone and it was now 3pm. I fell back on to my bed. My clouds were to clouded by thoughts. Maybe I should just tolerate Leo while he's here, I was leaving in 2 weeks anyway to film for Romeo and Juliet and won't be seeing for months maybe a year who knows. I think it'd just make living with each other less dreadful.

I stood up looked over at my desk with the thick script sitting on top of my laptop. Maybe I should recite my lines? I grabbed the book and plopped onto my bean bag situated in the corner of my room.

Don't ask me why I decided to play Juliet. My dad was quite certain that he was gonna make this one different. I don't know what you could do with the plot though considering they were star-crossed lovers that only knew each other for a couple days, got married, got a couple people killed and then killed themselves. I don't know what love is but I'm sure as hell know that this, all of this is not love but perhaps lust instead. Everyone knows the story I don't think you could make it any different

"For saints have hands that pilgrims hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers kiss" I mindfully read. Like what does that even mean. All of this is gibberish to me and my father wasn't much help in that department. Whatever it is dad does keep boasting about this damn movie and also said he's been working with someone to get the plot just right in time for us to start filming so I should probably have a little faith in him. I am hoping I could prove to him that I was ready to take on more roles so whatever he decides I guess I'm just going to go through with.

After 3hrs of trying to make the words make sense and memorising the scenes a knock on the door sounded through my room. Must be time for Layla to clean my room. I know it's a bit much but dad did insist that my room be cleaned most days even though I'm quite capable of doing it myself. But I like these times to have conversations with Marissa. She was like a mum to me and has been in my life as long as I can remember.

"Come in Marissa" I yelled out flicking through the script not even bothering to look up until I heard someone clearing there throat.

"Oh" is all I can manage closing my book and just staring at Leo holding the door open and leaning on the door frame

"Marissa called for dinner, your dads not home so I suppose it's just the two of us" he blankly states

I couldn't speak a word, I don't think I was ready to talk to him or face him in that matter.

"Ok you clearly still holding onto that shit, I'm going downstairs" he said as he turned around and started heading for the stairs.

I sat there dumbfounded. I was all of a sudden feeling anxious. Anxious for us to start arguing as that's what we usually do. I decided to wait half an hour to hopefully miss him at the dinner table.