Chapter 8

Nogla's POV

I decided to stay at Anthony's house and figure out what happened to Scotty. The only person that could have lured him outside was Marcel, since they're close. But… Marcel isn't here. Maybe it was a shadow? I don't know. I felt stumped.

It's getting late, I should probably talk to Anthony about Scotty's disappearance.

I snapped out of my consciousness and walk towards the kitchen. I saw Anthony heating up some leftovers.

"Have you got the camera's?" I asked

"Sure thing, we just have to place them around. But, for now, we should eat something." Anthony said with a slight grin

I smiled back at him.

Feels weird to be this relaxed. But, then again, Anthony's demeanor seems relaxing. Glad he can stay positive over all of this shit.

I decided to look at my phone for the time being until Anthony came back...

Please stay safe and come back

20 minutes later

I heard the door open, it was Anthony

Thank god

"Got some potato chips for you." Anthony snickered

"... Racist bastard." I chuckled.

20 more minutes pass

I checked my phone again, it's already 10pm. I didn't want to stay up too late.

I sighed.

"I'm going to go sleep now. Thanks for the food, Anthony." I said

"No problem man." Anthony said with a smile.

I left Anthony's dorm and headed downstairs to the parking lot. The sun was setting down for the day, the sky is a beautiful color of purple, pink, soft orange, and a tint of yellow. I decided to take a picture of the sunset, it would look great as a wallpaper. I texted my brother to pick me up since I can't drive. Now all I have to do is wait.

Wait, yeah... wait

Waiting
Alone

...

Why is my body tensing up? And why do I feel like someone is watching me? No, no, I'm just getting paranoid. I'll just go through my phone. That'll calm me down.

I check through my social media apps. I decide to text delirious, he definitely seems to be struggling with all this shit. Kinda feel bad for him. In the corner of my eye, I saw that I got a dm from someone. I check to look.

...
What...

Evan sent me a message.

But

How?

I clicked on our dm's

There was a video. I click on it and turn up the volume.

Everything was black

It was silent

I put my ear closer to the speaker. I can hear something.

Is he whispering? Maybe he's breathing quietly? I can't tell.

The video ends. Only a 17-second video.

I texted Evan.

"Evan, where are you?"

Evan is typing...

"Anthony"
"Brock"
"Delirious"
"John"
"Nogla"

What the fuck is going on...

"Evan?"

"Ehesodtontsixe"
"8;5;12;16;0;13;5"
"8;5; ' ;19;0;8;5;18;5; , ;0;18;21;14"

I turn off my phone. I felt my heart skip a beat.

Was that really him?

I heard a loud honk from my left. I got startled and looked up. It was my brother. He's finally here. Thank god. I sprint towards the car and open the door.

12 minutes later

Finally, home sweet home.

I open the door to my room, falling on my bed as if I worked all day from something. I look back at my phone. Evan's messages were gone. The video was gone.

Was I hallucinating?

I tried to district myself.

Oh, yeah! I want to use that photo I took as a wallpaper. Let me check it out.

I open my gallery to find the picture. But, the photo looked off.

There was an eye in the picture.

I felt my heart sank. I immediately deleted the photo off of my phone.

What the fuck is going on?! I don't understand. Am I going insane?! ...I just want my friends back...

How am I going to explain all of this to the others tomorrow...?