Chapter 9

Nogla's pov:

Why the fuck is this all happening?! Why us?! Where did those messages go? I can't even begin to think straight. This is just giving me a headache. You know what, I need to talk to delirious about this.

I start to message delirious.

"Hey delirious, I need to talk to you. Are you available right now?"

Delirious is typing...

"I am, why?"

"I got weird messages from Evan, supposedly."

"What?"

"I know, it sounds weird but I'm telling the truth. I wish I took a picture of it but I didn't."

"Do you remember where the lake you guy's went to?"

"It's not that far away from the college. That's all I remember."

Read at 10:40 pm

A little while later delirious finally sends me a message. Its a link to a website of our town. I click on it and read what it had to say.

"Riverbank Shores is a quaint and peaceful town at the base of rolling hills. Surrounded by lush greenery, flowing streams, and towering trees, this small community is steeped in tradition and culture. With its charming architecture and warm, inviting atmosphere, it's no surprise that many consider it to be one of the most relaxing and tranquil places to visit. Visitors can explore its thriving art scene, cozy cafes, and quaint shops, or take a leisurely stroll along its serene and tranquil nature trails, absorbing the beauty of the landscape."

I scroll down more on the website and see "Mysterious of disappearances"

I start to read into it.

"The lake is called "Stolen Waters", due to a rumored curse that surrounds it. It is said that anyone who goes to the lake and sees or touches the lake's surface will be taken. There are many conflicting stories about what "taken" means, though it's all quite ambiguous and no one truly knows what happens to those who disappear there. All they know is that if you go to the lake, one of two things could happen - you will leave unchanged, or you will never be seen again. The rumors of the lake's curse have been swirling around for as long as anyone can remember. Nobody knows exactly when the rumors first emerged or where they came from, but they have remained a focal point of the community's fear and caution for generations. Many have tried to investigate and uncover the truth behind the lake's history, but most have never returned to share their findings. People have tried to search the surrounding area and bottom of the lake to uncover any evidence or clues about what has happened to those who've gone missing, but their efforts have all been unsuccessful. Some chalk it up to the mystery of the lake and its curse, believing that those who disappear are never seen again unless the lake itself permits it, but others think that there must be more to the story than a simple curse. Despite their efforts, no one has been able to find any leads or information as to what has become of those who have disappeared at the lake. It is hard to say exactly how many people have disappeared in the area, particularly those who have disappeared at the lake. Over the years, stories of the mysterious disappearances have spread and evolved, resulting in conflicting and inconsistent accounts of how many people have actually gone missing. Some believe that the number is in the dozens, while others claim it could be in the hundreds or even more. Ultimately, the truth is unknown and likely will remain so until more information is discovered. As far as anyone knows, none of the missing people have ever been found. Despite the ongoing search efforts and investigations, there have been no signs or clues of their whereabouts. This, however, does not mean that they are necessarily dead. Some believe that the curse is designed to make those who disappear forget themselves and their pasts and begin a new life elsewhere, while others think that the curse could simply be a trap that holds them captive in an unescapable limbo."

It showed a map of the area and where the lake was located... We went to that lake...

But, how were we supposed to know?! We were just trying to have fun!

I start to freak out about all of this. I didn't know this was a rumored area! Oh my fucking god... what the fuck bro?!

I felt a lot of emotions when the realization hit me.

We went there, now we are going through this curse. But it should be fake right? This is the real world! There is no way this can be happening! This isn't some fictional bullshit! This isn't making any se-

Before I could finish my sentence, my computer turned on. I froze in place. I look back at my phone. There is still more to the website. I scroll more down.

"The Shade was once a human who was born with a special connection to the mystical realm. He was granted extraordinary abilities and powers from a young age, but as his powers grew stronger, so did his hunger for control and power. Over time, he became more and more isolated and detached from humanity, eventually becoming a witch and developing a passion for manipulating and controlling others. Now, he takes great pleasure in using his powers to kidnap and mess with people's minds. The Shade is a powerful witch with dark magic and mystical abilities. Besides his ability to read minds and manipulate thoughts, he also has control over elemental magic and is able to cast powerful spells. Some rumored if you somehow make it out of there alive, he will be hunting you down. He will never stop until he gets you and other people who you have told this to... and that he is always watching your every move. He is always watching..."

Delirious is typing...

"Nogla... we are next."