Chapter 2 - The Gift

A/N hey guys, even though i got no update requests, i am updating anyway because it is what i love to do. and i swear, the romance will start in the next chapter, but read this first, everything in it leads up to romance and drama! thanks, enjoy the story!

Taryn's POV

"1...2...3...AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

My heart stopped when i saw what was in those bags. 2 One Direction tickets for a concert NEXT FREAKING WEEKEND!

"OMG MRS. EDWARDS! Thank you sooooo much you have noooo idea how much this means to me!" i said. and i really did mean it because since my dad spent all of his money on alchohol i thought i would never EVER have a chance at going to see them.

"MOOOOM!" cried Julie. "OMG THANK YOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! I LOVE YOU!"

"AWWW, You're very welcome. i thought you guys deserved something special," replied Mrs. Edwards.

"C'mon, Taryn, lets go make t-shirts and posters for the show," exclaimed Julie.

"OK, lets go!"

so, we sat in Julie's room for hours and hours making colorful, glittery posters that the boys would be sure to regognize. we each wrote a note for each of the boys and stuck it to the back for when Paul would give them to 1D. (Paul is 1D's main security guard."

We were having such a good time, I almost forgot to check the clock. To my horror, it was already 9:00 pm! 

Oh no. dad is going to kill me.

"OMG JULIE," i cried, "I have to go! Im already late! Im so sorry, we can finish tomorrow, its Saturday."

"Oh, ok," Julie said, confused. "Do you want me to drive you?"

"No, ill be fine."

"Ok, be safe! TTYL!"

"ByE!"

I ran so fast i felt like i was going to pass out.  when i finally reached home, i realized that all of the lights were off. THANK GOD.

I quietly crept through the door, locked it, and ran to my room, only to find my dad sitting on my bed. and he did not look happy.

"uhh, dad!" i said. "wh-what are you doing in here?"

"Umm, its my freaking house, isnt it Taryn? you are lucky I am even letting you live here," my dad spoke.

"my life is anything but lucky," i muttered under my breath.

"what was that?!" he roared.

"uhh, nothing" i said.

"THAT WAS NOT NOTHING YOU WORTHLESS BRAT, I HEARD YOU!"

that was when i decided to turn around and run. he stormed out of my room, grabbed me by the hair , with a knife in his hand.

i screamed.

he grabbed my arm and shoved the knife into it, leaving drops of blood on the floor. I screamed even louder, but he cupped his hand over my mouth, almost strong enough that i couldnt breath.

"Scream one more time girl, and you will never again see the light of day." he whispered.

I obeyed, so he took the knive and laughed while he made long lines of blood down my arms. i could not handle it anymore. i screamed. and that is all i remember before i blacked out.

Julie's POV

I was so worried about Taryn.  When she said she was gonna be late, that usually meant that she was gonna be beaten.  i wished i could do something about it but an 18 year old girl up against a drunk man was not exactly a fair fight.