Long Live The Dean

For the next few days, you had been running back and forth around the classrooms, Clarissa's office and her bedroom whilst Leonora was sorting out her own school plans.

You where sitting with Clarissa in her room with some paperwork “If I'm the Dean for a while does that mean I have to wear dresses like yours?” Clarissa nodded with a smile, even when she's sick she still has a smile on her face. “Y/n, I want you to have this.” Clarissa took one of her rings of her finger and gave it to you “To remember me by during the day.” You smiled and put it on your index finger “The students come tomorrow.” Clarissa nodded and coughed into her handkerchief. “Do you need to go into the bathroom?” She nodded and you helped her up.

You had been looking after her ever since she got sick, holding her hair up when she'd throw up and bringing her food and water. You held up her hair and she coughed up blood into the toilet, along with something else but you never saw what. Once she was back in bed she began to cry “Hey, Clarissa don't cry.” She couldn't help it, knowing she was in pain and knowing how to fix it but couldn't was too much. You held her face in your hands and wiped away her tears “Its going to hurt for a while, the more rest you'll get the better you'll feel.”

That was a lie and she new it, “Can you stay tonight?” You smiled at her and nodded. That night she slowly fell asleep listening to a song that played on her harp in the corner of her room. You stayed up sitting on a chair next to her bed, you heard the door open and Leonora walked inside, You smiled and she walked over giving a kiss before looking at Clarissa.

“How is she?” You sighed and held Leonora's hand “Not well, not getting any better. I'm not sure what's wrong with her. Maybe it was something from the blue forest.” Leonora put her hand on your shoulder “You should come to bed. The students are back tomorrow.” You kissed her hand and shook your head “I promised her I'd stay the night. You head to bed without me, okay?” Leonora nodded and gave you a kiss on the head before leaving.

At some point you must've fallen asleep, because Clarissa tapped your arm until you woke up “Hm?” You slowly opened your eyes and stretched your arms “You've got to get ready, the kids will be arriving soon.” You nodded and got up, only to turn around and see a golden dress hanging on the bathroom door “Its for you.” You went over to it and looked at all the patterns and gems on it “Thank you Clarissa.” She smiled as you went into her bathroom to get changed.

When you put the dress on, you felt Magical. Well besides from being in a magical school and having magical powers, you felt Magical. You left the bathroom and Clarissa smiled at you brightly “You look gorgeous.” You walked over to her and held her hand “Thank you C, I promise I wont let you down on this.” Clarissa knew you wouldn't let her down, she leaned over to her bedside table and picked up her crown “Bend down for me dear.”

You bent down and Clarissa put her crown on your head “Perfect. My staff is by the door, take it on your way out.” You held her hand and thanked her “There's a new girl today, you'll find her in the Groom Room. Her name is Agatha of Gavaldon, I'm sure the school master has spoken to you about her.” You nodded “Bye C, wish me luck! I'll have the fairy's bring you breakfast!” you kissed her hand and left her room, grabbing her staff on the way out. You walked down the hall and towards the Groom Room.

You arrived before her, so you waited. Until you heard the sound of boots walking in and a sigh. Agatha looked around the room and you stepped out “Hello Agatha of Gavaldon! I see you've found the groom room! Maybe you'd like to wash up a little before the assembly.” She frowned at you “Uhm- I'm not supposed to be here, my friend Sophie was supposed to be here.” You remembered what the school master had said about Sophie “Oh no, no. She's a never. And you, are an Ever!” Agatha's frown didn't change.