When Grell talks to you

DISCLAIMER: This story is in the process of being rewritten. Some chapters may be shorter than others. Enjoy!

You were doing extra paperwork William had assigned to you. In fact, it was the first time he had ever given you a long assignment to work on. You were no longer an intern at this establishment. You got along well with William, although you two never had much time to chat.

Working with your hands was something you enjoyed doing. It made you feel productive even if your handwriting was a little wonky at times. It felt good to play your favorite songs, at a low volume of course, while you filled everything out accordingly.

After awhile it became boring. You slumped in your seat, looking up at the clock. It felt like hours had passed but in reality it was only a few minutes. Almost as if the paperwork was multiplying when you weren't looking. You had enough for right now and decided to take a break.

You folded your arms on your desk and rested your head on them. The music stopped playing, now everything was dead quiet. You could hear a pin drop anywhere within the building. You closed your eyes and listened to the silence.

The door to your office swung open and slammed against the wall. You flinched hard, almost falling out of your seat. "Y/N~?" that familiar voice sung to you, it only belonged to one woman in particular.

Grell Sutcliff.

"Grell! My heart is racing!" You felt your hands shake slightly from the adrenaline. "Don't flatter yourself, Y/N~ I may be a single woman but we're just friends!" Grell flashed a smile and brushed the hair off her shoulders.

"Wha-" Grell interrupted you by kicking the door shut and taking a seat in the empty chair in front of your desk. "I was thinking we could have lunch together!" She placed her elbows on your desk and rested her chin in her hands. She was staring at you with eager green eyes that seemed to flash with excitement.

You tapped your pen on the stack of paperwork but she didn't notice. "I can't take lunch today, I have too much work today and it's going to look bad if I leave without finishing it all. Grell scoffed and raised a brow at you. "So what?!"

"So I need to finish my work." You didn't look up at her when you replied. You continued to scribble your way on the paperwork. You could hear her sighing again, and feel her gaze on you. "Well how long is this going to take??"

Grell's impatience was starting to annoy you.

"Five minutes max." you continued to do your work. She huffed as if you insulted her, but never moved out of her seat. She sat there chatting about her day and gushing about William while you effortlessly tuned her out and focused on work.

If you're into Inuyasha check out my Kagome Higurashi x Reader Oneshots