When Grell sees you crying

Things seemed harder than usual lately. Could it be hormonal changes? The season? Were you growing tired of routine or was it a curse? You've heard about people blaming the planets and stars. It didn't matter what was causing it, you were on the verge of tears for hours now.

Every small thing seemed wildly relevant and impacting you today. You could barely handle a tone of voice that seemed off cue from routine. Avoiding people as much as possible seemed like the thing to do, so you did your best to stay in your office and handle mini tasks.

You were reflecting on your life all at once. The decisions you made, people you met, things you lost or had no control over. How did it all end here? What accomplishments were you actually proud of?

Grell entered your office without knocking again. She was a hard headed one for sure. "Y/N I've been thinking about darkening my hair a shade or two, what do you think? Is that too hot?" She sat on your desk on top of your papers.

"Hey Grell I don't have ti-" Grell crossed her legs and placed two hands on the desk. "OR! A trim, nothing too crazy!" You tried to grab the papers from under Grell's booty but it was no use, the papers ripped.

You put your head in your hands and began to silently cry. Grell was talking about trimming her bangs while you let out most of the tears. She didn't notice until you choked back a sob. You could feel her gaze on you as her body shifted in the desk.

"Y/N?" She asked you, her tone was softer than you've ever heard. "Why are you crying?" You ignored her questions and continued to cry softly into your hands. You could heard her moving again but you didn't bother to look.

You shut your eyes tightly, trying to prevent the tears from falling even more. Suddenly, you felt soft fingertips running through your hair. "Oh Y\N, why are you letting those tears roll down your cheeks?" Her thumbs brushed against your tear stains.

"I can't help it." Your voice was shaky. You didn't want to look at Grell or anyone for that matter, but she softly grabbed your hands and lead them away from your face. "Y/N." Grell said with more confidence.

"Are you going to let a beautiful gal like yourself cry?" You huffed, trying to compose yourself again. You looked into Grell's piercing green eyes. It almost seemed like a spell. "I don't know why I'm crying." You said to her with an overwhelming sensation to cry some more.

"Shhh, Y/N." Grell cooed at you. She leaned into you. She placed a finger under you chin and lifted your gaze up to hers. "It's okay to cry, Y/N. It's okay to not understand why." She smiled to you, the most genuine smile she could muster up.

"I feel like an idiot." You replied softly. She frowned at this and crossed her arms. "There's nothing idiotic about expressing your emotions." What Grell was saying to you made some sense, still, you weren't feeling any better.

It looked like she could tell. Grell hopped off your desk and hovered over you for a moment. She smiled again, twirling a strand of hair at the end of her fingers. "I'll get you some water, Y/N, you're going to dehydrate yourself with all those silly tears."

Before you had a chance to respond, she was happily trailing out of your office. You were alone again. You folded your arms on your desk and rested your head on them. The smell of Grell's perfume still lingered in the air.

Funny thing, you couldn't smell it when she walked in. Maybe she did calm you down. Your nose was less stuffy without you realizing it. You heard something be placed on your desk with a soft thud.

You looked up to see Grell, who was holding a paper cup full of water and your favorite snack from the vending machine. She placed the snack down softly and sighed. "You're quite frail looking! You need to eat."

You couldn't help but smile. Grell's strange way of showing she cared meant a lot, even if it meant degrading your appearance a little. "Grell?" She rolled her eyes in playful annoyance at you asking for her attention.

"Y/N, I'm not your errand girl." She scoffed. "Would you mind staying awhile?" You asked before taking a small sip of the water she brought. Grell took a moment to think, she scrunched her face then hopped back onto your desk, making sure to move your papers aside.

She crossed her legs and let you rant about how you were feeling, and for once, she didn't insert herself into your problems.