When Grell Takes Care of You

The fever inside of your body was rising rapidly. It started off with a scratchy throat, then a little cough, and full fledged chills. Seasonal allergies never bothered you this much. You were sick. Usually your immune system fought it off at the first sign of a symptom.

Cold beads of sweat trickled down your forehead. You wiped it away with the back of your hand. Your nostrils were pink and raw from blowing your nose with tissues.  "I'm dying." Your throat struggled as you spoke.

Grell looked up at you with a sour expression as her eyes rolled. "You're so dramatic!" Such a statement coming from Grell was the epitome of irony. Why was Grell around you? Well, that's simple. You told Grell about your sickness, how you two should spend less time together to avoid spreading it to her.

She refused. She packed her overnight bag with cleaning supplies, drugstore medicine, and cans of soup. She insisted on being your nurse to take care of your every need. She spoke of the desire to "mother bird" another person because she was unable to bear children herself.

Grell's intentions were sweet, although you were unable to tell if they were pure based on her personality and track record of events. You were friends, real friends, she would have no reason to poison you. Right? Grell placed her palm over your forehead again with a sudden smack.

"I think you have a fever!" She removed her hand from your forehead and placed it tenderly on your cheek. Grell has been holding back on her wild personality since caring for you. She took it into her own hans to make sure you were healthy as soon as possible.

She grabbed the thermometer from her bag, it was white leather with black handles. You saw the red lettering on the side read "FIRST AID".  She plopped it into your mouth without warning. If you had enough strength to withhold a coughing fit, you would have scoffed at her.

With the thermometer lying between your lips you spoke. "Don't you think this is a little excessive?" Grell huffed in response, she snatched the glass tip out of your mouth and held it up to the light so she could read your temperature. "You could have the plague!" She squinted to make out the numbers.

"If I have the plague you should stay away from me." You grabbed onto your covers, the chills were setting in again. "Y/N! I would never abandon you in your time of need! You're fragile! Helpless! You're so lucky to have me!" She waved the thermometer in the air like a mad woman.

"Your too hot! I think it's the covers." She pulled them right off of you with a swift motion. Your body felt the cold air washing over you. "Grell! I'm freezing!" You reached out to grab it back, but she tossed it over her shoulder. "Nonsense, you're obviously sweating. Are you losing the feeling in your nerves?!"

Grell frantically dug her hands into the bag, you heard the sounds of different items clashing together. "What?! I'm fine! Calm down." She ignored you and continued to rummage. "Y/N I've seen more illnesses than you could possibly imagine. I don't just look ravishing in a nurse's outfit, I know medicine!"

She wasn't going to give your blanket back any time soon. You sat back in bed with your arms cross to savor ant type of warmth. "Okay, Grell medicine woman, what's the next step?" Your head rested into your pillows as you watched wrangle with her bag that seemed to have the magical effects of mary poppins own personal tote.

Grell was being her usual animated self as she looked, then she stopped. Her smile grew wide as she looked up at you slowly. "I know exactly what to do." She slowly pulled something out of the bag. A needle. The tube was empty yet the needle itself was thin and eerily long. Your eyes widened as she held it up with one hand, while her other grabbed a bottle of liquid medicine.

"I'll kick you right in the lady bits if you even move an inch towards me! You sat up in bed, ready to bolt out of the room. "Don't be such a baby Y/N!" Grell jammed the syringe inside the medicine vial. A dark brown liquid filled it to the brim. She held the shot up to the light as she flicked it with her middle finger to get rid of air bubbles inside the tube.

"What's in it??" You grabbed onto your pillow, ready to knock her upside the head if she drew close. Grell folded her arms and she scoffed. "It's medicine! Don't you listen??" She sat up from her spot and tried to roll up your sleeve for injection. "She devil!" You hissed as you slapped her hard with the pillow, it knocked her glasses to the floor.

"Y/N!" She cried out in defeat. You jumped off the bed with a superhero landing. "Are you going to make me chase you?!" Grell scrambled to her feet as you ran out the door, letting your actions answer her question.

hey there, just wanted to let everyone know that I published the first part of a Sebastian Michaelis human au x reader in case anyone was interested.  Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this part. ♡