NINETEEN || REAL LIFE

Emilia could've swore she almost had a heart attack when she saw Noah come running back. Her mind was ready to hear the bad news. Maybe it was the people who tried to kill her? She repeatedly shook her head in panic, trying to get the thoughts out of her head until she heard something. someone. a sound. a voice. jesse.

He had come for her. She had to be dreaming this cause this man? He was too good to be true. She didn't even realize that she was crying. Through her blurred vision, she gasped trying to piece together if he was real or not.

"you're not real. you're not real. YOU'RE NOT REAL." she repeated in an alarmingly concerning way, yelling at the end. Jesse's heart broke at sight of her so broken. His girl, his chatty annoying girl was here crying and hyperventilating in front of her and he could do nothing to stop her. He took a step forward when he realised that she was shaking. "please don't be a dream" she muttered the part to herself but he managed to hear it anyways. He breathe in, trying to stop himself from breaking down in front of her.

He slowly walked towards her and knelt down, afraid to panic her more. "hey, pretty girl" he whispered to her in a loving voice. His hands slowly creeping up to her face to remove the hair covering her beautiful eyes. The eyes he could get lost into for hours. His peace.

"I am real baby. This is real." Jesse said in a low voice. Her gently picked up her hand which laid dead on the floor and slowly placed it on his chest. "Feel my heart beat. This is real" he whispered in a raspy voice, afraid to let himself cry. Her eyes widened at the touch of his heart beat. He was actually real. She shook her head feeling her tears run to her mouth. salty.

Every part of her wanted to just sleep. But still she threaded her hand slowly on his chest, not wanting to let him go.

"Okay okay, sir please back away." a blonde paramedic yelled across the room, trying clear some space. "How long has she been like this?" the paramedic asked to no one in particular. Jesse could not let a word out of his mouth, upon realising that she was not getting an answer from him. She yelled at Noah in urgency, looking directly at Emilia, who was just seconds away from fainting.

"Since the police came so maybe 10 minutes" noah replied impulsively, panicking that his friend might not get enough oxygen to her brain.

Milliseconds had passed.
Seconds had passed.
Minutes had passed.
And they were still here.
"Okay, let's get her to an ambo" the paramedic who's name was apparently Ashley yelled when she realising that Emilia had indeed passed out from exhaustion.

Just before she was about to run to the back of the ambo, she looked at the man, who in just a matter of time looked just like a scared little boy. She sighed but still signalled her hand in a motion to call him, telling him he could go to the hospital with them.

Jesse not wanting to leave her side, immediately ran inside before looking straight in Ashley's eyes and said slowly, barely in a whisper please save her.

After years of working on one chicago, he knew that crime scenes were not supposed to be like this. Emilia was not supposed to be in the ambulance nor were there supposed to be any missing posters of her everywhere. These things were not supposed to scare him but they did. They did cause he loved her.

Gently holding onto his passed out girlfriend's hand, he quickly went straight to the vein of her hands and that's what he did the whole ride, counting her heart beats.

__________

a/n : currently listening to "maroon by t

a/n : currently listening to "maroon by t.s" *winks*

xoxo,
Mar.