TWENTY TWO || REAL LIFE

Perviously on look at us now

She looked at the trees outside and wished she could have felt their leaves against her palm but here she was; in a pool of her own blood, unable to move.

To be continued......

She woke up in a cold sweat, her heart frantically beating against her ribcage as she vividly remembered the slash of the knife on her throat. Her hand subconsciously went to her neck, checking for any scars. So that wasn't real. She thought and visibly sighed in relief.

She glanced around the room she was in, mentally assuring herself that she wasn't about to be murdered again. The plain white sheets and the constant beeping of a machine lead her to believe that she was indeed in a hospital.

The blood drained from her face when she heard heavy footsteps coming her way. Not again she had murmured to herself. She let out a startled gasp when the door let a squeaky noise and just sat there, waiting for the person to enter. Jesse.

She looked at Jesse like he was the last person on earth. Like he was oxygen and she was aching to breathe again. Like he was food and she was a hungry survivor. She was but for his love. She desperately needed to feel his lips on hers and take away all her worries and pain.

"Yo-you're awake?" he said trying to make himself believe that she was right here. In front of him. Awake. Emilia opened her mouth to say something but could only nod. "Oh shit yeah, you need water?" he asked then continued on, "of course you do."

Emilia snatched the glass of water from his hands as soon as he gave it to her and poured the solute down her throat. Emilia let out a small cough as a burning sensation was immediately created. "I'm still not great with hospitals." he had murmured and much to his dismay, she had heard it.

Emilia let out a low chuckle on remembering the time when Jesse ran out of the hospital because he saw a needle. She had roped him into coming with me for my flu injections and never mentioned that he had to take one so when he saw a doctor, he dashed. Jesse laughed, probably thinking the same thing.

Hospitals were never his thing. He hated them. It were the place that brought life and took it. He had avoided them for so long. Always made excuses whenever he had to visit anyone but he did it for her. He just hoped that she would realise how much she actually means to him.

Jesse let out a huge sigh, trying to hold back the tsunami of tears that was about to flood his face and walked towards Emilia and said in a low raspy voice, "I'm really glad you're okay Em. I missed you so fucking much and I couldn't even touch you or run my hand through your hair," he slowly walked and approached her bed; he knelt down to kiss her forehead and whispered in her ears, "God I love you so much." and just sat there, their foreheads touching as they both realised the love they had for each other.

_________

A/n : this was supposed to be alot sappier but I didn't want to overdo it

-not edited-

xoxo,
Mar.