Let's revisit the past, shall we?

God sighed as he watched Andy go. So far he had killed 327 satanists, at this point his rampage was fueled entirely by his anger. He should have bled out ages ago but his system was barely keeping up with automatically buying healing potions and using them. Then one very pissed off Satan showed up next to him.

"What the fuck, bro?" Satan yelled. "You sent your crusader against me? I mean most of these guys deserve it, but still it's hurting my numbers." God absentmindedly nodded. Before turning to face his brother.

"And yet you have ordered all of your higher tier satanists to leave him alone, why is that?" Satan froze, it was a challenge and he knew it. He also knew that his brother knew the answer to his question.

God sighed again. "Brother, I know you gave him the chaos attribute to see what would happen. In fact he has been affected by all three of us, isn't that right?" A being of infinite complexity walked out of the shadows. It was one of the voids avatars.

"I simply mixed his soul with a small part of myself, his self was simply too strong to assimilate him as a voidling. Quite a shame too, he would have done well as one of mine." the void spoke with a voice that only those in the room could hear without going insane. Part of the reason the void never talked with its underlings was due to its unkowable nature, it was insanely difficult for it to take on a form that would not harm anything of a lesser power.

The three ultimate beings of the omniverse sat watching the slaughter of the crusader for a moment longer before God finally decided to end it.

************

Andy was completely incoherent by the time God showed himself to him. However despite this, and beyond all possibilities he recognized him as the Almighty. And with what little self control Andy had left from his rampage he kneeled and the blood loss finally knocked him out.

God sighed, "Little system, take him somewhere safe. I will speak to him within his dreamscape."

[Yes, sir.]

Andy was standing in his old home, from before he reincarnated. From before he even enlisted, even. He was sitting in his old swivel chair with a game of Halo Reach up and running. Or, that was what the subconscious was doing. His full consciousness was in a separate part of the dreamscape, one covered in blood and death. And before him stood God, his gaze was full of infinite wrath and love, and Andy was terrified.

"You always do something stupid, no matter which incarnation you are, Andy." Andy hung his head low, he knew that his actions he took in the name of God were selfish.

"However, I know you meant well, for now take your time recovering and use this to grow stronger. The chains around your arm are punishment enough, let them be a reminder of your actions."

"Yes sir." There was nothing else Andy could say, no defense, nothing.

God moved to leave, and took a pause. "Remember that everything has its purpose, every action you take will only take you to greater heights. No loss is truly a loss, simply a way to gain more." And with that, he left, and Andy woke.

Andy first noticed that he was in a bed, then when he tried to get up he noticed he was in intense pain. The room he was in was dark, and there was no one else there. He tried to sit up again but was visited by the same intense pain once more. So instead Andy just closed his eyes and let sleep take him again.

When Andy woke up again his room had several people who were vaguely familiar to him. There was a man leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, a girl sitting at a table with her head in her arms, asleep, and a woman sitting next to his bed, changing his bandages. She looked like... "Yang?" but more... mature, older. She looked up and glared at him.