Re-Arming Andy

Andy woke up to getting smacked in the face by something metal. He sat up and rubbed his head.

Andy: Why does this seem familiar?

{Mission success! Reward granted}

Andy looked at his lap and was greeted with the sight of a metal arm. It was covered in small dings, chips, and general wear and tear but it was whole and the shoulder was glowing a faint white. He reached out and touched the arm and a shock was sent through his body and he felt another presence within his mind.

Ryuu: About damn time you got me back, dumbass.

Andy: Ryuu? Wait, how do I know your name?

Ryuu: I literally implanted the information in your brain.

Andy: Is that why I have the sudden urge to punch someone I don't even know in the face?

(Meanwhile in another dimension)

Jake: Why do I suddenly feel like I am in danger?

(Back with Andy)

Ryuu: Probably. Anyways, go talk to Seras to get this thing back on, we need to get ready.

Andy: For what?

Ryuu: Not sure, but we need to be ready for anything that gets thrown our way.

Andy: Yeah, sure that makes sense. I should improve my sword skills.

Andy got up and went down to the kitchen to get some food. He got some toast and ate, then he went to the bathroom to take a shower before going about his day. After that Andy looked in a mirror for the first time in ages and was taken aback by his appearance. His body was covered in scars, and surprisingly he didn't have any crazy muscular definition or anything. It was obvious that his body was well trained, but he didn't look like a Greek God or anything. What really surprised him was...

Andy: When the fuck did my hair turn white? Like, seriously how the fuck did this happen?

He was less surprised to find a beard had grown in, and decided it was time for a haircut. He shaved quickly and then grabbed a pair of scissors and when he was about to start cutting his hair Yang walked in, took one look at what he was doing and grabbed the scissors from him.

Yang: I know how it goes when you cut your own hair. For one of the greatest swordsmen ever you suck at using scissors.

And so she went to work, unsurprisingly she moved like she had done this a million times and cut his hair exactly how he had wanted it. Afterwards Andy stood up and turned around to thank her, then froze when he remembered he had yet to put any clothes on.

Yang: Well, at least that much hasn't changed since your reincarnation. At any rate, get dressed Seras said she wanted something from you.

Andy got dressed and went to go find Seras, he eventually found her in the Railjack, which had once again been turned into a workshop.

Seras: Ah, hey Dad I know you lost the old arm but I've been working on making a new one. This time I'm using an alloy of vibranium mixed with neatherite and some of the uru from the old one, so what do you think?

Andy: I think that sounds amazing, but I actually found it.

Seras immediately ran over and grabbed the arm out of his hands.

Seras: Oh look at it, I need to repair it immediately!

She rushed over to her workbench and immediately set to work. Andy understood absolutely nothing that was happening, so instead he worked on his sword. He sharpened it, polished it, and just did general maintenance. After about 20 minutes Seras stood up from her bench and walked over to Andy, handing him the arm back.

Seras: All done. I tweaked the reactors so they're running fine now, we just need to get your arm ready to attach it and it's all good.

Andy: Thanks, I'm guessing this will hurt.

Seras grabbed several sharp tools and miscellaneous instruments.

Seras: Not nearly as much as ripping it off did... but yes.

And like that, she set to work, implementing a brace for his arm to dock into. It only took a few minutes and he had a metal snub on his shoulder.

Seras: The brace is fuzed with your bone for sturdiness and is made out of the same material as the arm, so it won't fail you before the rest of the arm does.

Andy: Thanks Seras, anything else I should do with this thing?

Seras: Hmm, take it to Powder, she'll spruce it up for you.

Andy walked to Powder's workshop, in a separate part of the Railjack. It was rather messy and she lifted her goggles to get a look at Andy.

Powder: So, what do you want?

Andy offered his arm.

Andy: I was told you would paint this into something with a bit more... personality.

Powder looked shocked.

Powder: You NEVER let me paint your arm before, why now?

Andy shrugged and set it in front of her.

Andy: New incarnation, new me I suppose.

Powder set to work immediately, laying down some basic layers before she got to work on the finer details. As she worked Andy just sat down and watched.

Andy: Where did you come from?

Powder paused for a second and looked over at him, she was... sad.

Powder: You really don't remember?

Andy: Nope. So, everyone else here came from the same place, where did we pick you up?

Powder: You... you showed up when I was trying to save a mentor of mine, all of my friends were dead, I.. I killed them, and you showed up... you comforted me and raised me. I was just a kid, and I immediately latched onto you as my father figure. It makes me so sad that you don't remember any of that, but knowing you it won't take you too long to figure it out.

Andy was just staring at his hand, absorbing the information.

Powder: Now get out of my workshop, the Arm will be done and dried by tomorrow.

Andy got up, and left her to her devices. Andy didn't have many goals but now he knew one. He was going to get his memories back.