Just a Dream

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED SEASON FOUR FINALE!!! I AM WARNING YOU NOW.

The dagger is still lying on the ground, just a piece of metal, but not to me. Emma's name is inscribed where Rumplestiltskin's used to be. I could just bend down and summon her, Emma could be here right in front of me. I could whisper in her ear I love you. I know I can't though. We don't know how dangerous she is, nor what we could to do to contain her if need be.

David walks to my side, staring down at the dagger. "Hook, we will find her, we will find Merlin, and we will get that darkness out of her." We both sit there in silence, just for a second. "Aye," is the only thing that can slip out of my lips. David pats my back and giving me an apologetic look before he walks off, Mary Margaret looped in his arm. At least he gets to be with the woman he loves tonight. "Take care of the dagger Hook," Snow calls. "I will." I glance back over my shoulder as they stroll off, leaving me alone.

I crouch down, getting ready to grab the dagger from the asphalt it's lying on. "Hook!" I turn on the balls of my feet, no one is there. "Must be my imagination," I mumble to myself. "Killian!" This time I jump up, grabbing the dagger as I go. "Emma," I yell back.

I hear her footsteps behind me. "Killian," her voice breathes relief. I spin around, her face a beautiful as ever. "Emma," I cry out. I envelop her in a hug, taking in her familiar smell. She pulls back, staring me in the eye. No words are exchanged, not even another murmuring of names. Instead she kisses me, my lips part to match hers. Emma's arms work their way up to my hair, latching on to the wisps of hair on the back of my neck then ascending their way up to the full back of my head. My hands find themselves wrapped in her golden locks.

I pull back from the kiss, "Emma, I love you." Her blue eyes peer into mine. Our foreheads brush up against each other. We stand there, holding each other for what seems like hours.

~~~

I jolt up in bed, a cold sweat breaking out all over me. "It was just a dream," I whisper to myself, "Just a dream."