~1~

Interview

(which pov do u guys like, I've noticed that most people don't like first person🥲)

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

The sky had darkened prematurely, the current time was around 5:30, and I had an interview around six. I would be working for a single man, who was 30 and also has a child who is 5 years old. My dear friend Vanessa had told me that he was desperate and was willing to pay me well if I'd agree to work for him. I remember the conversation.

"So sis, I told my friend about you," she said plopping down onto the couch. She had two cups and a bottle of wine in her hand, preparing for the night.

"No, I'm not interested," I said kicking my feet up. I grabbed one of the cups that she had already filled and took a sip of the sour and strong drink.

"Ugh, no. Not like that, I told him that you might be interested in working for him! Though he is hot!" she said disregarding her cup and drinking straight from the bottle.

I hummed in response. "What is the job?" I asked placing the glass down to grab a slice of pizza.

She took a huge gulp of the drink and smiled. "He has a little five-year-old. Daiki. He's a sweet kid, and since Yami is so busy he's not at home as much as he should be." hearing this I pouted thinking about the poor kid.

"Where is the mom?" I asked, tilting my head slightly to the left. Vanessa sighed and rolled her eyes while taking a huge swig at her wine bottle.

"That bitch." she said slamming the bottle down and yanking up a slice of pizza. I could already tell that Vanessa didn't like her.

"I mean don't get me wrong, she's there for her kid, but she uses him as a pawn to get closer to Yami, even though they're divorced, trifling bitch" she said as she bit into the pizza.

"Is there any other reason why you hate her?" I asked. I knew that if she was involved in the kid's life, there would be trouble.

"She was possessive on another level. She forced Yami to fire me or she would have divorced him and told the court that he was cheating. Thanks to her he had to fire me! She would always compete with me, even after him calling me his little sister multiple times. She was a cheater. And she's a basic white bitch!" Vanessa said.

I nodded taking it all in as she continued to ramble on about the woman. She told me about their high school years, all the way until her last time seeing her, which was a week from this day. From what I was hearing she seemed like a good person at first, but I guess people change.

"I'll work for him, what are his require-" I said before Vanessa squeaked and picked up her phone. She began excitedly telling me about how easy the job would be, and that I could continue my book editing job. After a few seconds, the phone began to ring, eventually, it picked up and a deep rough voice came out.

"Nessa, what is it?" he said, his voice tired and rough, in the background was the sound of the Spongebob opening and a little voice singing along.

"The friend that I told you about agreed to work for you Yami!" she said with an excited voice. A groan came from the phone and after the sound of a bed creaking.

"Are you sure?" he said. His voice was a little more alert now. She assured him that I agreed and he asked her for my number.

To quickly end this flashback, he messaged me, we talked, and he set up an interview, and here I am now. I was near his house, the neighborhood only had big houses, and it was clean and quiet. It was nearly six, i had arrived a few minutes early.

I drove up to the driveway of the huge house and parked my car. "I knew that he was rich but this is crazy," I said stepping out of my car with the things that I needed in my hands. I closed the car door with my foot and walked up to the house. Once I got the the huge doors I rang the doorbell. The sound startled me, it was very loud and I could hear it from every corner of the yard.

A few seconds had passed before I could hear the door knob shuffling. I could see a tall figure peak his head out and look down. "Ms. L/N?" the man asked. His voice was deep and rough, his black hair framed his forehead and his light brown eyes glared into mine.

"Yes sir!" I said with a big smile. He completely opened the door and I walked in. Upon walking in I could see a small child sleeping on the couch, which could explain the man's cautioned behavior. I followed behind him as he lead me through the house, it was huge! Most of the furniture was black, grey, or white, it had this dark but warm feeling to it. I thought it was beautiful.

"So," the man said. "You're a friend of Vanessa?" he asked. I looked towards him only to be met by the view of his strong back. The man was a unit. I cleared my throat.

"Yeah, we met at our summer jobs back in high school, I served drinks at the bar and she was a lifeguard," I said with a smile. He hummed and opened a room. Once he turned the light on I could see its full beauty. The deep brown desk, black leather chairs, gold pens, rims around the seats, and a half-empty bottle of alcohol. But more than the room was him.

Tall, dark, handsome. His eyes were dark despite their light color, and his hair was messy, but it fit him so well, he had light facial hair, and it suited him so much! He was the most attractive man that I'd ever seen.

His muscles moved with him as he walked to his chair. He sat down with a deep breath. He glanced up at me, his eyes scanning my whole frame. I could tell that we were watching me as I walked to the seat in front of him.

"Do you even like kids?" he asked grabbing the glass next to the alcohol bottle. His tone sounded harsh.

"Excuse me?" I asked. Who would ask such a dumb question? I mean I'm here for the job! If I didn't like kids why would I be here?

"I mean, girls as young as you would rather die than be around children," he said filling the cup.

I scoffed. "Sir I am a 28-year-old woman who loves kids. If not for my love of books I would have been working in childcare." I said. He nodded his head and took a shot of the drink.

"Have you ever taken care of kids before?" he asked, filling the cup back up. I watched as he took yet another shot, his adam's apple bobbing.

"Of course! My niece and nephew would stay with me for weeks at a time since they were born! They lived with me for a month before them and their parents moved away to Hawaii" I said with a smile. He nodded and began asking me questions and telling me about his son.

After a while of me answering questions and telling him about my personal life, I could hear tinny footsteps getting closer to the room, the door swung open a tiny kid peeked his head through.

"Papa!"

~~~~~~~~~~