~3~

So Far

(do y'all have a sams club or something similar to it?)

3 weeks later

It's been 3 weeks since I started taking care of Daiki. So far we have been getting to know each other. Daiki was such a sweet child and he was always willing to speak. So far I learned that he liked cinnamon rolls, barbeque ribs, and chocolate cake (heavy on chocolate).

"Y/N! Y/N," the boy said as he ran into the kitchen. I looked over at him and laughed at his Spongebob pajamas. "What's for breakfast?" he asked holding out his arms for a hug. I quickly hugged him.

"Cinnamon rolls and bacon!" I said throwing up my arms. The boy yelled yay and began spinning.

I soon finished cooking and we sat down to watch tv.

"What do you want to watch sweetie," I said watching as the boy pulled apart his cinnamon roll, I do the same. "SpongeBob!" he yelled as I clicked through the channels. I laughed and put the show on. We both yelled the lyrics to the iconic theme song.

I felt bad for the boy since his dad worked almost every day but he seemed to understand. I and his crazily attractive dad would see each other every night. He would come in at different times. In the middle of Daiki's baths, when we're eating, or after I've put the kid to bed. He would thank me and allow me to leave. Daiki would throw a fit sometimes but his dad would calm him down.

After me and the kid got finished eating we walked up to his room to get him dressed. He wore a my hero academia t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I slipped on a pair of slides for him and we left to go to my apartment. Once we made it I sat him down to watch tv while I got ready for the day. After finishing my morning routine I slipped on a green sundress and a pair of white pair of flats and grabbed Daiki.

We decided to have a fun day. I let Daiki pick out the activities for the day. He chose to go shopping for the house, and himself, and after we would go to the arcade, then eat, then watch a movie. For a 5-year-old he was good at planning a fun day.

After we finished driving we pulled up to a huge sam's club and hopped out of the car. I helped Daiki's hand as we walked up to the store to make groceries. While we were shopping I let the boy pick out a few snacks that he would like to have in the house then I went around shopping for actual ingredients.

Since they and his dad cooked completely different foods I had to pick up different types of expensive foods. Me. Yami cooked traditional Japanese foods while I cooked more foods than you would usually eat in a black household, especially soul food.

"N/N! We should make a cheesecake today!" Daiki said as he healed my dress. I laughed "should we".

I didn't mind buying whatever the boy asked for since his dad was the one paying for it. After I finished shopping for the things that his dad cooked with I went to collect my things as I and Daiki had a pointless conversation about our favorite episode of Sponge Bob. We both liked the doodle bob episode and we would laugh at it for the whole duration of the episode while munching on ice cream and fruit loops.

I laughed as the boy did his best doodle bob impression, and followed him while also doing mine. "No way! Yours is so good N/N!" the boy yelled as I grabbed the things for the cheesecake. "But you do the best Spongebob laugh!" I said as I tickled the boy. He tried to do a Sponge Bob impression but eventually gave in, letting out his actual laugh.

After a while, the boy got tired of walking so I put him in the seat part of the buggy and he started playing with the necklace around my neck while telling me all bout his favorite shows. I laughed at his reactions when I would tell him about my favorite characters in the shows.

"My daddy never wants to watch my shows! He watches those love and hip-hop and crime shows!" the boy said while throwing his hands in the air. I ruffled my hands in his hair. "That's because your daddy is an adult!" I said with a giggle.

"Then are you a child?" he asked. I paused for a second. He started laughing while pointing at me and I joined him. I softly pinched his cheeks. "You cheeky little boy," I said as he grabbed my hand to hold it. As our conversation continued I heard an elderly voice call out to me. Me and Daiki turned our eyes to the older white lady and waited for her to speak.

"I just wanted to say that he's so beautiful but he doesn't look like he can be for you," she said. I looked in between her and Daiki, the little kid narrowed his bright blue eyes and glanced over to me. "What do you mean?" I asked pulling the buggy closer to me.

"Well he doesn't have that dark skin like yours and the way he speaks is different! His hair isn't nappy either!" she said. I sucked in a deep breath to say something but before I could Daiki spoke up. "What is that hag talking about?" I choked on my breath and widened my eyes.

"Where the fuck did he learn that?" I thought as I looked in between Daiki and the lady.

"That's a disrespectful child! Who raised you? Her?" the old lady said pointing at Daiki. I noticed that he was about to speak again so I quickly put my hand over his mouth.

"He's not my child, I'm his nanny. Don't speak to him that way. And fix the way that you talk to people before I knock your dentures straight." I said. Before the lady could speak I quickly pushed the buggy away.

"Who taught you that?" I asked while laughing loudly as we went to the checkout area. He squished my cheeks together and told me that his dad said it all the time. I nodded as he kept squishing my face together.

One thing I learned in the last few weeks is that Daiki was a touchy child. Once he got comfortable around me he would always lay on me and play with something that I was wearing my face or hair. It was mandatory for him. He would even drag me to watch tv with him while he twirled my curls around his finger or twist my hair together.

Once we checked out using his daddy card I ran with him in the buggy, hearing his cute laugh mad me laugh too. When we made it to my car I was out of breath. The buggy was heavy and I parked pretty far away. I helped Daiki out and he helped me put the groceries in the car. We had to make a quick trip back home to put them up then we would go right to an arcade.

Once I and Daiki settled into the car I got a text from his dad.

Mr. Yami
I'll cook tonight, stay a little longer, will you?

I told Daiki the news and he sounded so excited, so I agreed to stay.

Y/N
Yes sir! I will.
*seen*

I smiled at my phone and sat it down. I was excited to try such a handsome man's food.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

This chapter is so ass y'all! I'm so sorry😭

Plus I didn't upload for so long🥲

Y'all have every right to be mad