Chapter Sixteen . Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen

Epilogue.

Bethan and Susan Morgan, the twins who used to live in the next street, are still in town. According to, 99 year old Mrs. Morris the-gossip. Bethan works in Tesco supermarket and Susan who was good at Math's works in one of the towns Building Societies. I later visited them both. They are both married with children. Their mother had passed away – of a natural cause. Their father Mr. Morgan is still about somewhere. The pub he went to, The 'Stripmill' is now demolished. One of his old neighbours told me that he had moved down to the Morfa area of town. He had finished working in the scrap- yard and he now calls at the Biddulph Pub.

I had to laugh at Mrs. Morris, because her unique manner of speech had not changed at all. When I enquired all serious-like on how Mrs. Morgan died, her answer brought out in me an inappropriate giggle.

...I quote: "How did Mrs. Morgan die, Mrs. Morris?"

"Oh! It was 'NOTHING SERIOUS'. A natural death."

I replied to that just as a schizophrenic would have... - With a loud giggle.

Then on hearing my somewhat unbefitting giggle, she continued to say...

"That's not all... I heard from Miss Lewis the paper-lady, that Mr. Morgan dated Pat Lewis from the Morfa bread shop shortly afterwards... that's Pat - nothing to do with Betty the paper-lady. Anyway - THEY WERE SEEN TOGETHER."

She continued,...

... "So sorry, to hear about your mother. Mrs. Evans was such a kind-hearted person... always gave me a tea bag if I was short or missed the shop.

"I know." I said...

Actually, I should have chatted with her much longer than I did; then I would have had an update of the news for the last three or four decades from the Penyfan and Tyshia areas. She beats the Llanelli Star newspaper by a long chalk.

In my mind, she is a Llanelli Star!

Mrs. Morris did not reach 100 and resided her last years at a home for the elderly, situated on top of the Bygyn Hill. I can imagine her up in heaven, saying...

"Well – well! There's, Tina... remember her... Blodwen Jenkins told me all about her! She shouldn't be up here at all! Do you know why? ...Well let me tell you........

It is precisely characters, just like Mrs. Morris, that you do not come across anywhere else in the world. Llanelli and most towns in Wales have some unique individuals that for me is adorable, and one of the reasons I love the town.

I went to visit my old friend Warren Taylor the man that sang so camp and eloquently in church and liked to cross-dress on occasions. He lives at a Psychiatric care home in Llanelli. We sat together for over three hours talking about obituaries, religion, philosophy, and how he feels - I mean how he really feels. He is acquainted with Gustav Yung and the analytical processes, so he did try to paint me a picture of his mind-workings at this moment. In addition, he showed me many of his writings that to anyone else would be regarded as scribbles or Arabic. Warren is a gentleman with great insight into life and the reasons why.

Geraldo the Italian dwarf had moved to Italy, just as he said. Living with his beautiful sister somewhere near Milan.

Nello his cousin still lives in town, but I've not heard from him in years.

Tony Quaglia my best friend when I went to primary school. He had spent some time in Caracas Venezuela, where he acquired a commercial light-aircrafts license. And then studied 'sports-nutrition' and was appointed as the Top Welsh and Wales teams nutritionist. Tony's a good lad - with good upbringing.  He also worked as a nightclub manager for some time. His wife, Ruth is a teacher. She had helped me with some of the proofreading. I also hear that he has not been too well with kidney problems. Last I heard is that he is well and is involved with local businesses as an advisor.