chapter ten

The day after Naia kissed Hiroshi, she felt quite awkward. She couldn't sleep the whole night, just tossing and turning. Part of her was ecstatic. Hiroshi was quite attractive, and Naia had a little crush on him for weeks. However, after they were interrupted, Naia awkwardly left the room and scurried off. Hiroshi was probably confused as to how she felt. But she felt slightly confused. What is Master Jun found out his student was kissing his grandson?

What Naia wanted to do was run away. To run away and never look back. Naia was confused, wondering why she wanted to sabotage whatever she had with Hiroshi. She couldn't quite figure out why she wanted to ruin the one good thing she had in her life at the moment. She's had a crush on him for weeks, why would she not be happy?

Before dawn she paced around the yard in deep thought. She heard shuffling behind her. It was Hiroshi, with his hair slightly tousled. It wasn't in it's regular neat bun. Naia's stomach clenched from nervousness.

"Good...morning," Naia said. She instantly wanted to slap herself.

"Uh...good morning to you too," Hiroshi said. "I feel like we should talk about yesterday."

"Yeah," Naia agreed, nodding her head and avoiding eye contact. "Sure."

"I wanted to apologize if I complicated things," Hiroshi said, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "You were just talking about your sister and it was inappropriate of me to kiss you."

Naia let out a breath and looked up at him. "I was the one who kissed you first. If anyone was inappropriate it was me. It probably wasn't the right time, and I apologize for that. My emotions have been all over the place recently."

"It's just, ever since I first saw you, I was attracted to you," Hiroshi said honestly. "I was just waiting for the right time to make a move. I'm sorry if it felt rushed."

"It's okay," Naia said. "I was the one who rushed it."

"I like you, Naia," Hiroshi confessed. A faint blush spread across Naia's cheeks. He stood closer to her, practically standing over her because of how tall he was. "I'm hoping you feel the same."

Naia nodded. "I...I do."

The two kissed again, with Naia's hands resting on his shoulders and Hiroshi placing his arms around her lower back. Naia stumbled backwards as the kiss slightly deepened, her back hitting the outside wall on the stables. After a minute she pulled away.

"I have to get to training," She said. "You know, your grandfather hates when people are a second past dawn."

"I know," Hiroshi said, his voice as low as a whisper. "I'll see you later."

Naia gave him one quick kiss on the cheek and sauntered away. She was still unsure of what to tell Master Jun, or of her own feelings for that matter. For now, her plan was to simply keep things hushed. She didn't even know what her and Hiroshi's relationship was. They've only kissed twice now. Naia didn't know much of relationships but she knew enough to where she didn't think people just became "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" after just kissing once. Even Yue was engaged and she didn't ever kiss Hahn. Well...maybe there were other factors that played into that as well.

Later on that day, Naia decided to make a quick trip to the city. Naia knew she was secretly avoiding Hiroshi, but she convinced herself she wasn't. She wanted to buy some more fruit and maybe a few other trinkets. For some odd reason, she found herself not wanting to see him after what transpired late last night and earlier this morning. She walked through the city, which looked much busier than usual.