chapter nineteen

"Tale of Naia and Sokka"

The next day, the group went out during their free time to explore the city. Aang was off somewhere else, but Katara, Toph, Sokka, and Naia all went off to go shopping. Katara and Toph already had plans to go to a day spa though, but Naia declined that offer.

Naia roamed through a small outdoor jewelry shop, looking at each and every item. Although she didn't need anymore jewelry, it didn't stop her from just looking. She felt some walk up from behind her.

"Hey," A voice said.

Naia turned around and saw Sokka. She blinked, trying to find the words to say. "Hey," She said.

"We haven't talked in a while," Sokka said.

No shit. Naia sighed, trying to relieve the tension in her chest. "Yeah," Was all she could say. Things were super awkward between her and Sokka. Although he never admitted to having feelings for her, they almost kissed. Naia said some bad things and ran away. It was about time they made up for it.

"I just wanted to say—" Sokka started.

"I'm not ready to date," Naia cut him off. She instantly wanted to slap herself. Although she tortured herself for the entire two days they didn't speak, she still managed to push him away.

Sokka blinked at her. "Oh, okay," He said.

Before Sokka could say something else, Katara interrupted their conversation. "Don't make it obvious but I think that girl is staring at you," She said in a hushed voice.

Naia and Sokka slowly turned around and saw a girl sitting on one of the benches outside. Next to her was a boy the same age. "They could be Fire Nation spies!" Sokka cried.

Katara laughed. "Or maybe she wants to ask you out on a date," She prodded with a smirk. Naia looked back around at the girl and she was smiling at them. The girl stood up and started approaching them.

"Hi!" She said cheerily, causing Sokka to turn around. "I'm Kimi. I just wanted to say I think you're really cute," Kimi said, looking directly into Sokka's eyes. She had long silky black hair, with amber colored eyes snd light freckles on her face. Naia started to feel her blood boil again. Kimi was cute, and Naia wanted her to leave.

Sokka looked taken aback, but he instantly stood up and puffed out his chest. Naia wanted to roll her eyes. "My name's Sokka," He said, sticking out his hand for her to shake it. "You're cute."

"Thanks! Also, my friend Naoki thinks you're pretty," Kimi said, turning towards Naia. Naia's heart skipped a beat. She looked over at Naoki, who was smiling at her. He was tall, with long brown hair and tanned skin. "If it's not too bold, I was thinking maybe we could go on a double date?"

Sokka and Naia exchanged looks, unsure of what to say. On one hand, Naia wanted to deny Kimi's offer. She wanted Sokka to say no as well. However, Naia had already pushed him away. She couldn't tell Sokka to not go, despite her being extremely jealous.

"They would love to!" Katara interjected. Naia and Sokka turned towards her, shocked.

Kimi smiled. "Great! We can meet outside of this shop right before sunset. See you then."

Kimi and Naoki walked away, leaving a confused Sokka and Naia. What just happened? Naia turned to Katara, who was smiling mischievously at both of them. "You guys deserve a night off. Go have fun!" She said before turning on her heel and walking away with Toph.