Chapter 2

Saying that Nightmare was lost would be an understatement, he wasn't just lost he was freaking out, not that he show them his emotions, he never did.

All the children were around him and he could feel Horror trying to chew his tentacles.

Okay so first get them food.

Easy you would say, except that it was Horror that cooked all their meals and that now he was like five years old or something. Wait, how old were they? Nightmare looked at his gang trying to determine how old they could be. They looked so small and fragile, especially in those oversized clothes. He's going to need to find stuff for them starting with clothes, they can't just keep wandering around with those. They were too big for their new tiny body, what if they fall down and hurt themself? He can't get them to work like that but that's not a reason for them to be hurt, besides he hated the sound of crying children.

When he got to the kitchen with small baby bones on his trail he started searching for something they could eat that would be quick to cook. Pasta seemed like a nice choice, he could add some ketchup to it, they liked it before when they were basic sanses so they should still like it right?

The guardian could feel the intense looks of his gang while he was cooking their meal, a familiar and uneasy feeling crawling on his back. He moved his shoulders like it would make it go away, he wasn't a big fan of people staring at him when he couldn't see them.

There wasn't any sound except those of the pot, are kids supposed to be this quiet? Nightmare remembered that Dream was way noisier than that, maybe they were afraid. Cross seemed to be when Error was still here and that they were about to fight but there was no fight anymore.

Nightmare lowered one of his tentacles to grab the cooked pot and put their meal on plates in front of the boys. Seeing that they ate the pasta made him feel a little lighter, at least they were eating.

"So uh...do you remember anything about this place?" Asked Nightmare, hoping that they had at least a few memories.

They lifted their heads from their plates pretty quickly after the question, like they weren't waiting for it. That made Nightmare wonder if for them everything was normal in the situation. Little Killer looked at him like he was speaking nonsense, they all did.

"We live here with you Mister. It's like that since uh...forever I think" The smile that his first henchman always wore began to fade after saying that and Nightmare sensed fear from all of his gang.

" Yes, I know that! But don't you notice something strange now?"

That made Nightmare a little anxious didn't they know what was wrong since they remember living here with him? Why did they call him "Mister" then, they always call him Boss or Nightmare.

Seeing their faces they didn't find anything weird, Cross even looked around them like he changed the wallpaper or something. So they knew him but called him "Mister", everything was normal for them and obviously the only weird one here is him. Great, just great.

"I don't see anything strange except that we have big clothes but uh we live here with you mister! You took us from bad places and brought us home!" Said Cross like it was evidence, he looked worried about him when Nightmare looked at him.

Now it seemed like they were going somewhere, so basically they remember that he took them here and were familiar with him and the place. He could work with that. Now he needed to know how old they were, Horror looked smaller than the other, and Cross bigger.

" Good. I know that too, don't worry Cross. Now I need to know how old you are, all of you."

They all appeared to be surprised by his question. He never asked them when they were adults but now he had to know, to make sure that they won't get hurt or anything and that he will get everything they could be needed. He'll have to take all of the knives and weapons out of the manor, urgh.

"Uh...I'm six, Killer and Dust are five, and-"

"I'm four!!" screamed happily Horror with pasta in his mouth. At least one of them was at ease.

Unsure of what to do, Nightmare patted his head as if to say "yes good job", this was so awkward...

The others were even more surprised than before which made Nightmare frown. Wasn't it like this that you take care of children, by petting or hugging them and giving them food and toys and also love? He didn't exactly do this for his henchmen before but they were adults they didn't need it right? Or did he mess them up like he messed everything with people before?

"Is the black glitched bad guy gone for good?" Asked Cross playing with his fork without looking at the guardian.

Nightmare wasn't really sure of what he could say to cross, Error had to come back with the solution to their problem but the kid was afraid of the glitch, Nightmare could sense it. The fight must haven't helped with that.

"Not when I'm not here, you won't be alone with him and I don't really like him going around my house so better not come back before he found what I asked for"

Well, he didn't really ask for it but Error understood that he needed it and go on his own so it should be okay. Cross looked a little better after he said that but fear could still be felt from him, it won't go without time, the ex-soldier was never really comfortable with the destroyer anyway.

"Okay, well uh it's late now so it's time to go to bed. Come with me" Said the guardian when they finished their meal.

He couldn't let them sleep in their rooms, they were full of weapons and other stuff clearly not for children, so he brought them to his room. His bed was big enough for all of them now so by the time he "cleaned up" their room they could sleep here.

"Alright you sleep here tonight, your rooms are uh...under reparation because of an accident"

Again surprised looks were all over their faces when they saw his kingsize bed, come on he wasn't that bad with them! Right? He got them out of their own hell and gave them food, a home, and a purpose that was good of him! Heck, it was too good from the King of negativity! He was supposed to be evil and cruel, not caring about a bunch of kids. But then why did his heart shake when they acted like that? He didn't understand.

"We are sleeping in your bed? Like for real? Asked Dust with a little voice.

It was the first thing he has said since the accident, his voice was so soft. Before all of this mess Dust was sure of himself and made sure that everyone knew that, that was what caused most of his battle with Killer. But now it looked like he wanted to disappear in the oversized hoodie he was wearing. He was hiding in the bottom of his hood avoiding every eye contact.

"Yes now get in there and close your eyes I have some work to do"

That seemed to be the kind of answer they were waiting for because they all jumped under the blanket and wished him a good night. He looked at them for the last time and closed the door to let them sleep.

"Good night"