Chapter 12

Nightmare muttered a new curse at his brother as he was fighting him again. At first, the Au was calm and quiet he was minding his own business and freely creating negativity but not even an hour after he started, Dream and his stupid friends showed up.

He had gathered some negativity and was almost done with this place so the fight against Dream was easier since the positivity guardian wasn't at his advantage in the negative AU. But this time Dream wasn't alone, that damn garbage creator was here and so was the little berry.

Blue was a pain to the ass to deal with. Since he was friends with Error Nightmare couldn't really touch him if he didn't want the destroyer's anger on his back. He could defend himself but never attacked the blue warrior without good reason. Urg, stupid Error.

"It's over Nightmare! You can't win alone against us three!" Ink mocked after the guardian barely dodged another of his attacks.

As he dodged the creator's last attacks Nightmare got shoot by two of his brother's arrows. Dammit! He winced at the burning sensation that was spreading through his bones and tentacles. Stars, he hated those damn arrows.

"Come on brother...We can help you! I know you can hear me from wherever you are. We can help to get rid of that negativity influence. You just have to fight it, I'll do the rest for you..." Dream said while he was getting closer to his brother.

Nightmare wanted to laugh in despair when he heard his brother say that. Right. He was still seeing him as a monster. Even if Nightmare couldn't really blame him for that since he was indeed a pretty bad person, it was still painful to hear.

Yeah. Now that he was getting more self-confidence and he wasn't a pathetic victim anymore, Dream was seeing him as a monster. Sometimes Nightmare wondered if for Dream things wouldn't be better if he was just shutting his mouth and taking the beating.

"Stop saying useless things like this Dream. I don't need your pity or your help. All I want from you is to never see your face again. Can't you understand that?!"

Anger was on his brother's face but what could the guardian do? It wasn't his fault if Dream didn't understand anything.

As he was close to the trees he heard someone moving in the forest. He drove himself away from where he was standing, waiting for any new enemy to come out of the bushes. When the stars sanses noticed his behavior they became wary of what or who was behind the trees too.

To Nightmare's biggest shock, it wasn't an enemy. It was Cross and he was clearly terrified. Nightmare's soul was like falling as the guardian looked at his oldest boy with fear and apprehension. What was he doing here?!

He went to him but without even the time for one step, he strongly got struck on the back of his skull by Ink. Things around him were blurry and the sharp pain made him dizzy. He fell on his knees and grabbed his skull trying to at least get his bearings.

Even if his vision was blurry he could make out Cross covered in paint, trying to run away from Ink and Dream. It was as if Nightmare was in his dream again, they were taking Cross away from him. The vivid memory of Killer's scared expression and screams made Nightmare quake.

In a matter of seconds, he sprinted to his child and got between him and the two stars sanses. Blue stayed behind apparently still shocked by Cross's new appearance, which meant he only got two idiots to get away from the young skeleton.

"D-dad" Cross wavered trying to dry his eyes.

Nightmare looked at his son who had purple tears trailing on his face and was shaking, scared to death of the stars sanses. His eye was full of hate and anger toward his enemies. How dared they attacked one of his sons?