Chapter 16

Blue didn't know how many times he was in that dungeon but time sure felt long. He wondered if Dream and Ink were doing fine without him. He hoped they wouldn't totally freak out, Dream was terrible under pressure and Ink was a mess when he was stressed out.

Since he was in Nightmare's castle things started to get weird. When he started wandering in order to find the exit Blue got lost. How did Nightmare and his gang do to find their way into this maze? He ended up in a children's room and amazed by the stars-shaped furniture he stayed there longer than he needed to. He and his lovers always thought that the kid would be in danger here with Nightmare but what if they weren't? Nightmare seemed very protective of them.

Blue really didn't do anything right that day...First, he fought with Error and said horrid things to him and then he scared children to death and mistake Nightmare's intention. He really screwed everything up...

"There a lot of negative emotion from you little Blue. What's wrong something's on your mind?" Nightmare asked in the shadows.

Blue avoided the guardian's look, guilty. Nightmare came at least three times a day and always had food with him for his prisoner. Honestly Blue didn't know what to think anymore, Nightmare didn't look like the big bad guy he pictured when Dream told him his story.

"I'm trying to understand. Things aren't like I expected them to be."

"Oh? And what were you expecting?" Nightmare said with a grin.

Since that Blueberry came into his castle and he locked him up, his negativity reserves were slightly better than it previously was but it wasn't enough. He felt as if someone was trying to lure him with food only for taking it away from him. Blue didn't feel negative enough to feed him correctly and like he couldn't leave the kids alone, he was starving.

Error refused to talk to Blue or to see him. Nightmare finally got him on the phone two days ago only for the destroyer to scream at him that he didn't want to see the Blueberry anymore and that he won't come to get him. Nightmare noticed how his friend's voice sounded, broken and sad and he hated Blue for that.

"Forget it. Instead, tell me what did you do or said to Error."

Blue tensed when he heard that and his guilt increased. He saw how Nightmare gasped when his negative emotions grew. Weird. He always thought that he liked negativity. There he seemed to only be wrong when it concerned Nightmare and Error. So in a tentative to make the guardian feel better, he lowered his emotions like he learned to do with Dream.

"I was angry and I didn't control what I said...I told him horrible things...He probably doesn't want to see me anymore." Blue said sighing and hoping Error would forgive him someday.

"Well you're right on one point he doesn't want anything to do with you. But you should know that Error changes his mind pretty often. Just wait and he'll come back." Nightmare said approaching Blue with a furious expression. "The only reason you're still alive is that he cares about you. Hurt him like that at least one more time and I won't hesitate to end your miserable life. Understood?"

Blue slowly nodded and Nightmare gave him a plate of food before leaving him alone in the dark cell again. The little warrior sighed. He wondered how many times he will be able to bare with the situation. He hated being alone and especially in the dark. Candles were all that was lighting up the place but there wasn't a lot of them and they were almost completely burned.

He was about to eat when a little head appeared in the corner of the stairs. The little skeleton had black tears on his face and a target-shaped soul. Killer!

Blue looked at the little child that shouldn't be older than six years old coming closer to him. He had a serious and determined expression on his face but it couldn't take away the fact that he was adorable. It was hard to see the fearless warrior and murderer that Blue fought against for the past few years, in that child.