Chapter 20

It's been three days since Error came into his castle and Nightmare hadn't been this good for a long long time. The boys were somehow quiet and calm, Blue helped keep the castle clean and even cooked every meal. The negativity was balanced and he was finally feeling well-fed. Everything was perfect, he wished Error could stay forever.

Today the kids played with him for the first time and Cross got reassured about him. Due to his past, he was afraid of the destroyer. He thought he would take him to the anti-void and lock him there. Nightmare had to promise he would go and free him for the kid to calm down.

Now the guardian knew it couldn't last forever, Error had to work and Blue had to go home. It was hard to admit but he got attached to the little blue, he understood why Error was so attached to him and why Dream and Ink loved him. Blue even promised him he would visit with his son or daughter so he could spend time with them.

He even told him he was already designed as their babysitter. Like he hadn't had too much work with his four chaos makers already. He was pleased with Blue's proposition but it made him aware of something. He couldn't keep going like this, the boys will be back to their adults self one day and everything would be back as it was before.

When Error told him he was almost done with the bug that made them like this it hit him harder than he first thought. They were going to be adults again, things couldn't stay as they were. He got attached to them and having four baby bones around him was normal now. Why would adults like them would want him as a paternal figure, as the father he learned to be....?

He hid it behind a fake smile when Error told him he only needed a week or two to bring them back to normal. Nobody noticed anything and he was going to keep things like this, these unwanted feelings would go away. Eventually...

"Nightmare dinner is ready!" Blue exclaimed while the boys were hiding in the pillow fort they made in the living room.

Error was knitting on the couch while everyone was going to the kitchen. He never ate with them, saying he didn't need to and that it was a waste of his time. But not today.

Nightmare grabbed the destroyer by his jacket and drew him to the kitchen with determination. He was going to eat something other than just chocolate and it was final.

"Mare what are you doing?! Let me go!"

"Not even in your dream you're eating something tonight and that's final."

Error suddenly tried to get free by struggling but he couldn't do anything against the guardian and his four tentacles when he wasn't feeling sick or tired. Nightmare got the upper hand and he refused to let it go.

"Nightmare I don't need to eat! This is stupid!"

"So it's okay to not be eating sometimes dad?" Killer said with a fake curious expression.

"No!! You need to eat!" Error exclaimed under Nightmare's furious gaze for influencing his boys.

"Error you can't stay without eating! Here have my potatoes!" Horror said giving him a fork with a piece of potato on it.

"Raaaah!! Fine! I'll eat!" Error screamed pissed by the whole situation. "You have to eat, it's important for young abominations like you." He added before sitting next to Horror who couldn't be happier.

Killer and Nightmare slapped their hands together with a cunning smile while Blue tried to hold his laugh back. The whole situation was adorable but also ridiculous. Error was completely clueless that Nightmare used his kids for making him eat something, or that the kids, especially Killer, gladly played this game.

Now the hard part was coming. Telling the kids that Error and Blue were going back to their home and they were going to leave the castle.

Error told him in the morning he needed to go back to the anti-void and that Ink started to create again. He proposed to get Blue back to his family on the occasion. Nightmare thought about it and after Blue promised he wouldn't tell anything to Dream and Ink the guardian authorized it. Now telling this to the boys wouldn't be a piece of cake.