Chapter 4

Cross had been awakened by an insulting scream like when people hurt themself by accident. Curious about it he woke his brothers up so they could come with him to see the source of the scream together. He was pretty sure it was Mister's voice but Mister was never hurt so it was weird, well he never got hurt at home. It was another story when he was outside.

"Hey, wake up. I heard something" He said while pushing his brothers a little so that they awoke.

The ex-soldier only got some growls while Killer was muttering something incomprehensible, that he wanted to sleep more probably. Cross frowned and pushed him out of the bed which made Killer scream a little surprised by the sudden fall. The two others who were awake by the time laughed a little.

"Hey!! What was that for?!" Exclaimed Killer pretty angrily.

Cross just stuck his tongue at him before he ran for the door marking the start of a chase. Killer immediately followed Cross running to catch him while Dust helped Horror to get down off the bed safely before they could follow their brothers.

"GET BACK HERE CROSSY!!" Screamed Killer

Cross was happily running downstairs where the kitchen and living room were. Killer was coming closer so he tried to speed up but he tripped on the living room carpet and fall down. His pursuer jumped on him and proudly caught him, he tried to push him away but Killer kept his hold. Before they could even start an actual fight Nightmare came into the room, he looked pissed, he let some negativity around him so that they could sense it.

"Care to explain what is going on here." Asked the king of negativity with a cold voice.

Dust and Horror had just entered when Nightmare was yelling at their brothers. Horror wanted to go see him but Dust hold him with him, he wanted to wait until the guardian was done with the fight.

" Cross started it, Mister! He pushed me from the bed !"

"But you didn't want to wake up! It's your fault!"

"No, it's not!"

Nightmare sighed and rubbed his eyes quite annoyed. Honestly, he didn't really care about who started it, he just wanted some calm since he didn't sleep at all and just got burned by a stupid pot and its hot milk.

"I don't care. You have to be two to argue with each other. Now say sorry and everyone in the kitchen!"

Horror jumped on him for a hug and Nightmare flinched a little by reflex. He quickly took him in his arms and gave Dust a tentacle so he could follow them into the kitchen. The kid took it with a big and shy smile, it was like holding a hand but more squishy.

Reluctantly Killer and Cross said sorry to each other and follow them into the kitchen where they could smell something sweet. On the table were four hot cocoa bowls and french toast with chocolate spread on it, there was also a mug with a dark liquid.

"Probably Mister coffee", thought Killer.

Nightmare put Horror in one of the chairs and took his tentacle back letting Dust sit with the others. He waited that Cross and Killer sat and he let them all eat. The sparkles in Horror's eyes told him that it wasn't that bad for one of his first tentatives for breakfast.

" Okay so you're going to change rooms, for now, I prepared a room for all of you. You will sleep together for now. I'll show it to you later."

The kids were nodding, this was better for them. Between sleeping alone in the dark and sleeping together in a new room there was no hesitation. They could make a better and bigger hut now!

"Once you finish eating I want you to try some clothes that I bring back from a raid last night, those you have are too much bigger for you. "

Dust and Cross had big smiles on their faces when he said that while Killer shrugged but Nightmare could sense some happiness in him well at least what Killer could feel which was closer to happiness. Horror was still eating peacefully and the guardian wasn't sure that he heard him.