3.

"Your knees! They're bleeding! Your hands too

  "Your knees! They're bleeding! Your hands too." Georgia freaked. "What happened?"

Amelia pants with her hands just above her thighs. Her hair which was neatly tied with a hair tie had fallen to the side of her face. Her dress was stained with dusty black marks.

She stabilised her breathing by taking deep breaths before straightening her back.

"I...fell...on my...way here," she breathed out.

Julie gasped, "Why are you still here? Go get it fixed!"

"I thought I should let you know that I won't be turning up for work tomorrow before getting it fixed," Amelia explained.

They shoo her out in a concerned manner, forcing her to get it fixed. They would have offered the assistance to accompany her but waitressing forbid them to. Amelia didn't want to be a hassle so she listened and left.

She winced at the pain she felt on her ankle as she limped her way to Doc's Drugstore. Unfortunately, she hasn't restocked her medical kit that was back in her apartment. She pushed open the glass door with her hand and entered the store.

The little bell jiggled, alerting Valentina who was standing on the ladder. Valentina smiled but frowned as soon as she saw Amelia's condition.

"Ay, mi amor. What happened to you?"

Valentina quickly stepped off the ladder, worrying Amelia who tried her best to rush and stop her from doing so. Valentina was quicker at getting to Amelia. Seeing her sprained ankle, Amelia wasn't in the position to walk so much, even if it was a minor sprain.

Amelia opened her mouth to speak but Valentina stopped her by dragging her to the counter table. She commanded Amelia and bring herself up to the table while she rushed to take all the medications and bandages.

"Valentina, cálmate (calm down). I didn't break my leg," Amelia chuckled.

"Hush you," Valentina said in reply.

Valentina came back to the table and stood on the inside of the counter. She placed the items on the table and took Amelia's left arm. She warned her that it was going to hurt before beginning to disinfect the wound. As Amelia winced, Valentina flinched and apologised for the pain she caused.

"I tripped over a pothole. I was walking fine and didn't notice the pothole. Maybe luck just wasn't on my side today and I fell. Maybe I was lucky enough that I fell on the side of the road and not the middle," she explained and winced at another dab she placed.

"How could you be so clumsy?" Valentina tsked and shook her head as she moved down to Amelia's knees.

Amelia covered her face in embarrassment over her wide smile. Valentina continued treating the poor girl when loud voices erupted from her basement. Valentina wasn't disturbed by it but it captured Amelia's attention.