12.

Afternoon turns to night, Amelia was left alone in the Diner to clean

  Afternoon turns to night, Amelia was left alone in the Diner to clean. She insisted to clean alone since she was gone for a week and forced the two girls to leave.

The "Open" side flipped to "Close". She had just completed washing the dishes in the back. She took a spray bottle of cleaning solution and started wiping the table. She tilts her head up, looking out the glass panel.

It was quiet. A few cars passed by and that was it. The night was lonely. She wiped the table silently. Only the memories of the night before kept her company. A smile grew on her face when an idea popped up in her mind. She walked over to the jukebox that sat nicely at the end of the diner. She slipped in a quarter and pressed a button.

The jukebox did its magic and started playing soft tunes.

(Cue: Adam: Giselle (The Royal Ballet))

  The music flowed through her veins, releasing the tension from her body. She bounced away from the jukebox and swung her leg up.

She became one with the music.

She danced elegantly, stepping from one tile to another. As if she was in a giant ballroom with only her and the music. The rhythm threw her back to her sweet memories with the man who stole her heart. The man who she thought she could hate until she dreamt of him. The man who carried him home.

She was happy, regardless of what anyone said. Regardless of whether it'll come crumbling down, she had always learned that everything was just temporary for her.

Being with her mother all alone and getting hurt every time by her father, she never found a way to express her emotions until she was introduced to dancing in Puerto Rico. She watched others dance and how she caught them looking so free moving to the beat. When she moved to New York, it expanded her knowledge of the art of dancing and soon it all became a part of her.

Riff stood on the steps of the diner and held the door handle when he witnessed Amelia throwing herself around the diner. He lowered himself to prevent from being seen and moved aside. Riff watched the girl move freely as if she was released from a birdcage.

Riff read her like a book, wanting to understand the story of her dance. Her expressions and movements were filled with passion. He could tell she felt the same way he did.

He didn't forget what had happened the night before. He remembered calling the girl pretty. He remembered holding her in his hands. He remembered falling on her shoulder. He remembered her consoling him in the night. He remembered pulling her in for a kiss and he knew he lost the game.

He has himself wrapped around her finger.

Amelia grabbed the keys to the diner and scanned the diner for the last time before switching off the lights. She grabbed the front door handle and went outside. She turned to the left and gasped in shock.