22.

Sleep

Sleep. The two spent 48 hours in her home sleeping, laying in bed, cuddling and never getting enough of each other. Everywhere she went, he tagged along as if he was afraid of losing her and it was true. He was afraid. So was she.

As she cooked for Riff and herself, he would come around and wrap his arms around her waist from behind. His statement was indeed true. He had gotten better after sleeping long hours with Amelia in his arms. Riff learnt that Amelia was the key to him being a better person. Without her, Riff would've crashed and burned.

Riff was guilty of not realising sooner that he loved Amelia more than he thought. It wasn't the same feeling that Graziella had given him. Grazi was sweet but Amelia was sweeter. Grazi was a tough and aggressive girl but Amelia was strict yet soft. Amelia was beyond compare. She was prettier and the aura she gave would light up any dark room.

To Riff, losing Amelia was like half of his world got sucked into the abyss. He wasn't able to see straight or walk straight. All he wanted to do was to get her off his mind but like he was trapped in a spell, he couldn't. The images and memories of Amelia were stapled to his mind that the Jets knew he needed her more than he needed them.

Riff saw has always been there for the Jets but no one has been there for him. The burden of being a leader was to never have doubts and always show strength for his mates to trust him. To seek protection from their leader.

  As a boy who lived to protect himself, it changed when he met Amelia. She treated him with love and was by his side throughout, hence losing her meant losing every ounce of love that he had felt. He thought that it wouldn't but then, like in a chess game, a queen always protects a king. He hadn't realised that Amelia have been protecting him.

  The two lay in bed. Riff's finger twirled strands of Amelia's long wavy hair. Amelia lay her head on his bare chest, listening to his heartbeat matching hers. Her body is sheltered by the blanket that's scented with Riff and her. They lay in silence.

  "Am, can I ask you something?"

She nodded her head.

"Why did you do what you did?"

Amelia furrowed her brows and chortled, "What do you mean?"

"Why did you hide your identity from everyone?"

Amelia fell silent. She moved from her position and looked up at the curious man.

"If I had revealed myself, you wouldn't have come close to me," she said, raising a brow.

"If fate has its way, you know I'll meet you either way. Maybe a little harsher than how it really went and I still ain't forgiving myself for what happened."

"Riff, the past is the past. We can't change what happened," she comforted, caressing his cheek.

He sighed, "But I could've stopped it. You wouldn't have gotten hurt. Ice wouldn't have got you this bump on your head or-or scratches on your hands. I would've stopped Ice from hurti—"