14.

Amelia sat in the booth of Doc's Drugstore, facing Tony who sat across from her

Amelia sat in the booth of Doc's Drugstore, facing Tony who sat across from her. She fiddled with the bottle of medication on the table, only for it to be snatched away by Tony. It's been a few days since Riff and Amelia became an official pair. They have become inseparable which she knew was a pain in Ice's eyes but it didn't bother Riff. After all, he was their leader.

  Tony shook his leg from underneath the table with his eyes planted on the girl's bruised neck. Amelia cleared her throat and shifted her collar to cover the marks but after knowing it wasn't working, she cupped it with her hand.

  "Does he know yet?"

  She shook her head as she bit her upper lip.

  "Amelia, I thought I told you that it was dangerous to be with him. You're going to be left heartbroken. He's not gonna show you any mercy. I mean, what happened to "Can't even if I wanted to"?"

"I got hooked, Tony. I didn't think we'd get this far. You gotta understand. I've been alone all these years. Girl gotta get her needs satisfied."

Tony scoffed, "Now you're talking bout' needs. When you met Riff, you could barely stand the sight of him."

"Things changed. I-I know this is probably a wrong move—"

"Definitely."

"—but maybe I could change his thoughts? Look at the bright side. Everyone ain't like it if there are feuds between the two sides."

"It ain't easy, Lia. Bernardo's your best friend and Riff's your boyfriend. They've sworn enemies. They hate each other's guts!" He exclaimed.

"They just don't know each other."

"Stop comforting yourself with things that you don't believe in. You and I both know this ain't gon' work out."

She sighed, "But what if it does?"

Tony sighed as he shifted the bottle of medicine to the side. Amelia's eyes were planted on the table, hiding away the red and glossy stains building on the core of her eyes.

"You love him, don't you?" He lets out.

Her eyes darted to look into his. She nodded, "I do. I love him. I love the Jets. All of em'. I know I have to tell them but it's just not the right time."

"You and I both know that there won't be a right time. The truth will come out sooner or later."

She frowned, knowing he was right. "I'll face it when it comes. I'll...I'll take the risk."

He nodded. He was concerned about her safety. Knowing his best friend's temper, Tony didn't want Amelia to be thrown away if Riff comes to know the truth. At the same time, Tony knew that whatever he advised Amelia would come in one ear and out the other since she had her heart with Riff.