2 ➳ Everywhere I Go

"Mmph..." Kaveh raised his head up. He stretched an arm while yawning and admired what he'd done to the place. "Is that tea?" He asked.

Alhaitham rolled his eyes and shifted in his chair, turning away from him. Kaveh lazily strolled to the kitchen, lifting the tea pot up, it was empty. He closed his eyes in frustration and put the pot down. "Have you no etiquette? You could've at least left me some," he said.

"You really have no self control, huh? Always saying what's on your mind..." Alhaitham said, sipping some more tea.

Kaveh noticed him checking out the newly organized desk and study space. "Do you like it?"

"It was unnecessary if you ask me."

Having had enough, Kaveh decided to save his breath. But the truth was, he barely has any respect for those who lack appreciation for the arts.

"What? You're sad?" Alhaitham joked.

"Hmph, me? I would be if your opinion was one with taste," he smirked.

"You realize I could kick you out whenever I want, right? I have the key now, nothing can stop me."

"Do you, though?" Kaveh raised a brow and snarked.

Alhaitham slowly lowered his cup. He held his breath and reached into his pocket, his fingers touching the cold steal of his house keys.

"Ha! Made you check." He laughed.

"Hmph." Alhaitham stormed out without a comment.

"Where are you going?"

"None of your business."

"My, my...so cold hearted," Kaveh said to himself. He pushed his hair behind his shoulder and glanced out the window. It was sunny and perfect for an outing. He needed a new job anyway so he decided to take a walk to the Akademiya and see if any of his connections knew of a work opportunity.

"Work?" One of them asked, scratching their forehead, "not the kind of work you'd like..."

"Anything is fine, honestly!" Kaveh said. He didn't know how long it would be before Alhaitham kicked him out. There was no telling or predicting when it came to him.

"...Okay, well, there's someone at the Bazaar who might help you. They're working on a creative project and need a lot of people to organize it," the person said.

"That sounds perfect," Kaveh said, offering them a smile and his thanks.

Wasting no time, he headed down to the Bazaar, determined to find just the job for him. He navigated through the stalls of goods, searching for the guy who was described to him. From the outside, the Bazaar seemed like a nice place, especially with its twisting tunnels that connect it to the rest of the city. But on the inside, Kaveh thought it was a mess in need of a makeover.

He was gazing up at the roof and didn't see when he bumped into someone. "Ah- my apologies," he quickly uttered.

"It's the second time..." Alhaitham said. This time, he managed to hold on to his groceries without dropping them.

"You again!" Kaveh exclaimed. He couldn't point the finger at him because he knew he was at the wrong this time.

"Why are you stalking me?" Alhaitham asked.

"Woah there, who said I was?" Kaveh gave him a disgusted expression. "I'm here for a job interview."

Alhaitham nodded at him in silence. Was Kaveh really going to make Mora and move out this soon? He wondered if he'd made a mistake by being rude to him. Maybe he should be nicer. He peered at Kaveh and instantly changed his mind. He wasn't being decent either.

"Well, see you then," Kaveh said when it started too get uncomfortably awkward. He located the man he was looking for at the stage and made his way over.

He stood aside, waiting for the guy to finish speaking with someone.

"Your job is dancing? Someone asked, scaring Kaveh to death. He flinched and stepped back, almost tripping off the stage. It was Alhaitham again.

"Who's stalking who now?" He said, annoyed.

"I just came to watch you screw over," Alhaitham said with a sly smile. He didn't know why but he was getting really used to being around Kaveh. It's barely been a day but he could read almost all his expressions.

"Too bad then, 'cause I always get my way. And no, I'm not dancing. Sorry to disappoint you." He pouted his lips and wiped his eye with a fist, pretending to shed a tear.

Alhaitham leaned back on the wall and rolled his eyes at his childish behaviour.

"How can I help you?" The man said to Kaveh.

"I'm here for a job opportu–"

"New audition, welcome," the man said. He placed a hand behind Kaveh's back and dragged him to the center of the stage.

"Audition?" Kaveh said.

The man gave him a once over and snapped his fingers. "I have the perfect role for you in the play!" He fiddled with some props in a box while simultaneously having another conversation with someone.

"A play? Ah...huh?" Kaveh followed him. "I think you misunderstood, I'm an architect and an artist, not an actor," he explained.

"Artist, actor, all the same," he said, pulling a shiny crown from the box. "Do you want a job or not?"

Kaveh turned to look at Alhaitham who seemed bored out of his mind. He sighed and nodded. "Yes...yes, I do."

The play director placed a crown on Kaveh's head and stepped back to admire him from a distance. "The prince role suits you perfectly," he said.

In the back, Alhaitham exploded in laughter. "Him? A prince? No shot. Nothing pretty ever comes out of his mouth."

Kaveh gave him a death stare. "Are you trying to ruin my chance?"

Alhaitham couldn't respond. Deep down, he didn't want Kaveh to get the job.

"I could talk pretty if I wanted to, so don't talk like you know me," Kaveh said and turned to the director.

Alhaitham crossed his arms, trying to imagine a honey-tongued Kaveh. He shook the thoughts away when they started to disturb him. When Kaveh was done, he squeezed past Alhaitham, lightly shoving him aside.

"...Did you get it?" Alhaitham asked.

"Of course," Kaveh said. He tossed his hair back, a few strands whipping Alhaitham in the face as he followed. His hair smelled of coffee, vanilla and mint all together.

Alhaitham just wanted to be though, why was he constantly having the same person thrown his way everywhere he went.