7 ➳ Crazy For You

Next morning, Alhaitham opened his eyes, feeling like he'd just had the best yet most unrealistic dream. To his horror, it was no dream but the sight before him was a pleasing one. He must've been laying on his back all night because it ached when he tried to move. Or maybe it was because Kaveh had rested his head on his chest like a brick, refusing to budge. He had a hand on Kaveh's shoulder and the other in his hand. Flashbacks from last night played in his mind, it was definitely not a dream.

"Mmh, Haitham?" Kaveh said, slowly waking up.

Alhaitham blushed at Kaveh's tone. "Morning..."

"Good morning~" Kaveh did a little stretching and let out a sleepy yawn. He placed his thigh around Alhaitham and moved on top of him. He began playing with his hair and smiling at him helplessly. "So?"

"So...what?" Alhaitham said, putting a hand on Kaveh's back.

Kaveh's face dropped. He frowned at him. "So? What are we now?"

"Roommates?"

"You're so unromantic..." He muttered, getting off of him.

Alhaitham chuckled. He was quick to grab his arm and pull him back. "I'm kidding, silly."

"Then?"

"...We're boyfriends," Alhaitham said, "if you want. I mean, do you? Want to be my boyfriend?"

"Khahah, you sound like such a middle schooler saying that," Kaveh teased.

"Shut up." He shook his head with a slight eye roll.

"I do," Kaveh said with a serious expression.

"Y-you do? Like actually?"

"Yes, actually. I want to be your boyfriend." They enjoyed each other's gaze for a moment before Kaveh went in for a kiss. He kept his lips firmly on Alhaitham's, sitting up to kiss him better.

"Mmph– Wait, argh...let me breathe!" Alhaitham said, moving his face to the side.

"Tsk, you were quite literally begging me to stay and now you want me to go away? It hasn't even been a day yet and you're already breaking my heart..." Kaveh said, pushing his bangs behind his ear.

"I wasn't begging, what are you talking about? And don't you think you're being a little sensitive?" He placed his hands on the pillow and Kaveh made space for him to get up.

"Well, of course I'm sensitive. I'm your princess, remember?~"

"Haha, go back to the stage then," Alhaitham said. He hopped off bed and put his hair up.

"Rude. You're telling your princess to go away?" Kaveh crossed his arms. "And do you have to put your hair up like that?"

"Why? Got a problem?" Alhaitham asked.

"It's hot...like, as if you're about to do something kind of hot," he said.

Alhaitham bit his cheeks on the inside, trying to not show a reaction. He didn't think Kaveh would be this flirty, and in the morning. He cleared his throat...and his thoughts. "Yes, I am about to do something: cook," he said.

"Awgh, you really are unromantic," Kaveh said, shoving his hair back as he stood up. He gave Alhaitham a slick kiss on the cheek as he passed him by, making his way to the bathroom.

"So can I have my Mora back now?" He asked, throwing some eggs in his mouth.

Alhaitham stared at him. He lowered his fork, his eyes hopping around. "You got what you wanted and now you're going to leave?"

"What?" Kaveh said with a laugh. He put his fork down as well, resting his elbows on the table. "Of course not! Is that the impression I made? That's the kind of person you think I am?"

"No, it's..." he sighed, taking another breath in. "It's not that. But..."

"But what? Haitham?"

"If it's not that then why?"

"Why do I love you?" Kaveh said, helping him put his thoughts into words.

"Do you?"

Kaveh laughed again and leaned back in his chair. "Of course I do! Why else would I have...you know, last night...Haitham, can you really not read body language? Like, I obviously love you," he blushed saying that and looked down. "I am in love with you..."

"Me too," Alhaitham said, "I'm sorry, for everything."

"Don't be," Kaveh said.

Alhaitham picked up his fork again, tossing the egg in his plate around. "I really am sorry, though. I think you deserve someone better, someone who can treat you right," he said.

"Okay but I want you," Kaveh said with a mouth full of food. He quickly chewed his food so he could continue, "I'm not asking you to change or anything like that, stupid. I just want you."

"You're the first person to like me for who I am," he said but deep down wondered if he would still like him after finding out who he was.

"Wrong, I don't like you. I love you. Big difference," Kaveh corrected him as he filled his mouth with some bread.

Alhaitham smiled softly at him. He felt at ease just by being around Kaveh. "Oh!" He said, remembering, "you could have your Mora back by the way, you're just not going anywhere."

"As if I would," he said. He wiped his mouth with a fancy handkerchief and walked around the table to stand behind Alhaitham. He leaned down and wrapped his arms around Alhaitham's neck, aggressively pressing his lips all over one side of his face.

"You're crazy–" Alhaitham said, almost choking from how tightly Kaveh was holding him.

"For you, I am~"

"Crazy..." Alhaitham repeated, finishing his food. He wiped his mouth on his sleeve and stood up with Kaveh's arms still around his neck. He carefully slipped out from his chair and slid his hands down Kaveh's chest and over on his hips. "I love you."

"I love you too," Kaveh said, rubbing a hand along Alhaitham's neck. He moved his hand a little lower. "I love your chest."

"Really? Everyone says that..." Alhaitham said.

"Uh, who's everyone?" Kaveh asked, raising a brow.

Alhaitham wished he'd choked on his words instead. "Well, I mean everyone like anyone, I–"

"You must've dated a lot of people then, bhaha."

Alhaitham panicked. How could he save this? Should he explain every single relationship he'd been in? That was something he never did and look at him now, he'd lost every one of these relationships. He didn't want to make the same mistake with Kaveh. Could he be honest with him without scaring him off?

"Relax! I'm just joking. Look at you, lost all color," Kaveh said, pinching Alhaitham's nose.

"Sorry...I–" he attempted to speak but was cut off by Kaveh's soft lips. He placed a hand on the back of the chair behind him to remain steady. Kaveh's kisses only seemed to get more aggressive but he couldn't say he didn't like it...

(Author's note: help my rib cage pain is killing me but I was so in the mood to write this. Like how tf does a rib cage even hurt tho!?!? Idfk ahghgh)