CHAPTER 2

It was a hectic day. I came back from work, freshen up, have dinner and went to bed because am so tired.

The next day

Beep! Beep! I groan when I heard the sound of the alarm. Gosh I need to work on my sleeping schedule I thought. Walked into the washroom do my morning routine, came back to the room and sat on the bed. Took my phone to see many messages from my parents and siblings some from business partners while some from James. I view his messages

J: Hey man hope you thought about what I said yesterday, if you're up for it I will be in your house in 2 hours.
Seriously I thought.

A: okay J.
I send and sighed

I started to think about what he said yesterday at the office.

Flashback..

I was busy trying to complete some of the remaining work I have even being the CEO of a famous company I have to try do some work that my PA can't do for me. While I was busy working James my best friend and also PA burst into my cabin.

He entered hold two cups of coffee in his hand, gave one to me and started to sip on the other. " Hey man still doing the work" I sighed.
" Yeah I have to finish this before going home today, I want to take a day off tomorrow am tired honestly".

I said and he let out a chuckle" man you have to live a little bit stop stressing yourself, so what about the adoption I have heard about you searching for another orphanage since the couple of orphanages you visited". He said

" Man those kids from those orphanages are spoiled brats, seriously man I was shocked when one of them said she wants her own private jet she was just what 5 years old dude" I said and he started laughing.

I glared at him"it's so funny, but I heard about one orphanage named  Mary Johnson orphanage. You gotta check that orphanage Alex maybe you're going to get your baby girl there, infact I will escort you there to help you choose the right one" he checked his watch and said I gotta go man see you tomorrow but please think about it I don't wanna see you have a long face every single day".

I sighed " okay J, I will think about only this orphanage after it no more". I said

" See you tomorrow or Melody will kill me bye". He said and left. I laughed at his silliness.

End of flashback

After I thought about what he said I went downstairs to have breakfast. I walked into the dinning room I saw one of the house keepers "good morning Mrs Williams" i said I know what's coming after saying so.

She glared at me "Alexander DeLuca how many times would I tell you to stop calling me Mrs Williams and to call me Celia" she said and I laughed.

"You know I can't call you Celia Mrs Williams, what's for breakfast" I said rubbing my hands.

"It's pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon" she said with a smile.

I told her what I want to eat, she served me and left .
After having my breakfast I went back to my room and started to work after, an hour and a half I heard the door bell ring. Well that must be James, I close the laptop and change into a suit and went downstairs to see James talking to Mrs Williams and laughing.

He's also wearing a suit "Hey J, how are you doing" I said

He smiled " am good man, you ready" he asked

" Yep I'm let's do this" I said.

" Bye Mrs Williams" we said

"Bye dearies, hoping to see you guys coming back into this house with a baby in your arms and good luck" she said and waved at us.

" We will and thanks" I hope and walked out.

We entered the car " so it's gonna take us at least 20 minutes to reach there so make yourself comfortable" J said

" Okay J, maybe today you're going to be an uncle" I said

He squealed like a girl" I hope so man" he said and I laughed at his silliness.

After 20 minutes we reached the orphanage. It was crowded with different people, I assumed parents who wants to adopt a kid too like me.

We walked into the orphanage, kids of different age running and playing with each other or talking to some parents.
James walked up to a woman in her mid forties and start talking to her, she looked up saw me and smile waving her hand she muttered hey and I waved back.

After some talking the came up to me " Alex this is Mrs Mary Johnson the owner of the orphanage that I told you about on our way here" J said and I nod

"Hello Mr DeLuca, am glad that you came to this orphanage looking for the perfect little girl, hoping you will get one here" she said and smiled

" Looking forward to Mrs Johnson" I said.

" Well right this way gentle men follow me, I heard that you were looking for a little girl between the age of 5-3 right" she said and I nod.

" So I have 4 girls within that age which I think one of them will be your match sir and....." She was interrupted by the sound of little foot steps.

It became closer and closer what I saw made my heart melt. A little girl clutching onto her stuffie looking so cute she was staring at us with big wide eyes. Wow! she has the most amazing blue eyes like mine. She looked down when she saw Mrs Johnson glaring at her.

I frowned why would she glared at her like that. Still looking at her " Mia darling, come here wait for me in the waiting room with the others" she said to the little girl.

She walked slowly to us like she's scared or something. I deepen the frown on my face.

She turned to us " well gentle men in this room there are 4 girls which I told you about, you going to have to talk to each one of them in a separate room for 15 minutes okay" she said and smiled we nod.

She claps her hand and turned the door knob

We walked into the room, I saw 3 girls wearing dresses and were talking and playing with each other. While the girl that walked into the room when we were outside who I got to know her name Mia, was having tears in her eyes but  blinks it away in a few seconds.

Mrs Johnson clapped her hands which got the girls attention "girls this is Mr Alexander DeLuca he's here looking for a baby girl to adopt and that's his PA and also best friend James Smith, well one of you is going to be the lucky girl but before that each one of you will have 15 mins talk with him in a separate run to know which one he wants to adopt" they squealed but Mia didn't and I frowned at that.

Is she not happy or what I thought. I kept staring at her until she looked up and saw me staring but quickly looked down again clutching onto to her stuffie like her life depends on it.

Well interesting she's shy but I like her already. Maybe just maybe I could have her as my princess who I will spoil rotten and cherish forever.

I only hope she will accept me but before that I have to talk to her and know her a little bit in those 15 minutes.

Hey guys what do you think of Alex?
hope you like it.