CHAPTER 4

Waking up in an unfamiliar place, Mia panic but soon recall that she was adopted by Mr. Handsome a small smile makes it way to her lips but it vanishes when she thought maybe he will hurt, he is just being friendly before he starts it. She came out of her thoughts when the door knob turned, she went under the covers to hide started shaking and crying quietly. Alex frowned when he saw how she's shaking badly, he immediately remove the covers she flinch a little when he placed his hand on her shoulder.

His heart felt like it's breaking into million he just met her a few hours ago but he really adores he can't see her in tears he hates it because it breaks his heart to see her like that.

He gently lift he chin up her eyes are red and also her nose because of how much she cried, his eyes softened as he sees her condition "baby why are you crying, what's wrong, princess are you hurt, did you had a nightmare, baby girl please talk to me" he said her but she kept sniffling, she couldn't reply.

He just hugged her like his life depends on it or someone's gonna snatch her out of his arms.

"I got scawred when I woke up and you were not there" she replied, he chuckled on how she said the scared in her baby voice.

He cooed at her cuteness "aww was my baby scared when she didn't see her dada close to her when she woke up" she nod and kept sniffling burying her face in the crook of his neck.

"Am so sorry baby daddy's gonna make it up to you and won't let that happen again. Princess I was scared when I saw you shaking & crying I thought u had a nightmare or you're hurt" he kissed he hair repeatedly & apologizing for not being by her side.

She was in her own thoughts again, he really cares about me, he's even saying sorry for something that's not even his fault and nobody hugs me it's only miss Lisa that has done that and I have never felt safe with anyone until him. I should give him a chance before he starts hurting me am gonna enjoy his endearment and affection for now. She thought and smile.

She wiped her tears saying "it's okay Mr Alex" he just hummed nuzzling into her hair.

"So baby what do you wanna do, take a bath or eat dinner" he asked tickling her.

She was giggling "take a bath" he cooed "okay baby girl bath it is" saying that her stomach growled.

"But I think someone's hungry are you sure you wanna take a bath before dinner" she blushed and nod her head , he chuckled and went into the washroom to set up a bath full of bubbles for her.

She went under the covers giggling hiding from him. He saw what she did and he chuckled "where's my baby girl I can't find her, did the fairies took her away from me" he said with a sad & worried voice.

She heard him and was feeling guilty for making him worried and sad, she immediately came out of the covers and hugged him from behind " I sowwie Mr Alex no fairwes took me" she said in a sad voice.

"Oh you my silly baby I was kidding let's go those bubbles can't wait anymore to eat you up" he said blowing raspberry in her stomach she was a giggling mess.

He undressed her, while doing so he saw some scars on her back and stomach. He traces it with his finger, she was still giggling because it's ticklish the way he's tracing his finger "amm.... baby how did you get these scars" hearing that she tenses and silently tears came down rolling on her cheeks.

"Hey baby please don't cry you don't have to answer now take your time okay but is it the same person that cause this bruise on your forehead" he asked by placing his lips there kissing her forehead lovingly.

She sigh and was shocked he still remembered her bruised forehead. She thought he would let it go after her stupid made up lies. She didn't reply him so he just sighed and asked her whether she could bath herself or no she shook her head no. He smiled at that because he wanted to cherish every moment he spends with her. After bathing her he put on her clothes and they went downstairs stairs.

"Hey Mrs Williams look who I bring to see you" Cecilia was in the kitchen when they came down, on hearing that she squealed making Mia to bury her face in Alex chest fisting onto his shirt.

"You're scaring her Mrs Williams" he said

"Oh my am sorry dear I didn't mean to scare you am so excited to see you awaky come dinners ready and I made cookies for you too" she said making Mia turn to look at her

Waving at Cecilia, Mia said "hi Mrs Williams" nuzzling her face in Alex neck she was shy.

Alex chuckled at her "okay baby let's feed that your tummy with some yummies okay" she nods and let out a yawn starts closing her eyes.

"No princess you can sleep after dinner but not now okay I promise" he said shaking her a little bit.

After having dinner even though Alex tried to make Mia to eat more but she said she was full. He was satisfied with her eating habit for him she's kinda underweight because she looks smaller that her age. He decided to call his family doctor to come and check her up.

Cecilia brought some cookies for both of them wishing them a goodnight and left.

"Baby, baby girl look what Mrs Williams brought for us" she started to fall asleep when they came back to the room.

Her eyes lid up she crawled towards him, he placed her on his lap and cuddle her. "Yummy cookies for my beautiful baby" he said bringing up a cookie to her mouth she took a bite and moan.

He chuckled"yummy right" she nods, she eat about 3 of them he make her drink some warm milk.

He ate the remaining cookies and milk "baby let's sleep okay because tomorrow is going to be a long day for us we're gonna have so much fun" he said she just nod and let out a yawn placing her head on him chest cuddling him falling asleep.

He kissed her forehead lingering his lips there she smiled "goodnight dada"  he heard her said.

"Goodnight dada's princess" God he have been waiting to hear that maybe because she felt safe with him that's why she called him that in her sleep either way he's happy she called him that.

"I love you baby girl more than you can imagine" he said caressing her cheeks he kissed it and cuddle her more and fall into a slumber having his princess close to his heart.

Hey guys hope you like this chapter.

Please comment, share and vote if you're loving this story.

Thank you 🤗