CHAPTER 10

Snuggling more into her dad's warm chest Mia started to stir in her sleep whimpering softly. She's all sweaty, her hair was everywhere in a mess, her shirt was wet from all the sweat. She was feeling cold but she's sweating and shivering at the same time, she clutches her Papa's hoodie putting her head in the crook of his neck needing skin to skin contact with him eagerly.

Alex hold her firmly into him he felt that she kept stirring in her sleep her keep rubbing her back because he knows she's in pain. He heard her whimpers that's when he opened his eyes and saw her all sweaty, shivering like she's freezing. He starts to panic seeing her in that condition, that when she put her head in the crook of his neck needing the skin to skin contact. He understood what she wanted when he tried to remove her head from there as she whined in her sleep absentmindedly.

"P...pa...pa" she mumbles as she starts to open her eyes which felt heavy for her.

" Shh baby Papa's right here" he cooed into her ears but his voice betrayed him it cracked a little seeing her condition.

" Papa n..no" she struggles to say something to him.

"Princess don't stress yourself okay am right here with you" he said.

She starts shaking her head saying" no leave me I be good girl" clutching his hoodie trying to put her head in the crook of his neck again.

" Hey baby am not leaving you okay, never ever leaving you. Am so sorry princess Papa's sorry it's all my fault if o haven't neglected you, you won't be suffering right now I should be the one suffering not you my precious" he said burying his face in her hair inhaling her lavender scent to calm his nerves.

With a shaky hand she touch his cheek wiping away his tears saying" no cry papa, see am okay" she forced a smile at him trying to make him feel better.

" Am still sorry sunshine, I will keep on apologizing to you and I will make it up to you. You will never feel abandoned or neglected again I will do my best to be the best father to you baby I pinky promise you" he said crossing his own pinky with her tiny one.

She saw how hers was so small in his she tried to giggle but it came out as a groan" papa" she said breathlessly hugging him like her life depends on him.

" Baby let's run you a warm bath yeah" he said trying to pick her up from his chest and lay her down on the bed in order to do so but she whimpers.

" No, no leave papa" she said sobbing into the crook of his neck and clutching onto to him.

" Hey baby am not leaving you am just going into the washroom to run you a warm bath so you will feel better and then we will eat some of Mrs Williams delicious foods and cuddle in bed with each other maybe watch some of your favorite movies or cartoons baby" he said rubbing her back trying to calm her down.

" No no leave Mia, Mia stay with papa" she said sniffling.

" But baby I won't be far from you it's just the washroom room and you will be on the bed" he said as he starts to lay her down on the bed.

Her hold tightens against him and her body starts to shake as she's in a full sob now hiccuping saying his name repeatedly.

He saw how her body is shaking he doesn't want her to be more sick as she is right now so he sighs as got out of bed with her clinging to him burying her face in the crook of his neck sniffling as she was all exhausted from all the crying she did. He runs her a warm bath and tries to remove her from him but she only tightens her hold.

He sighs"baby I need to bathe you please it will make you feel better" he cooed in her ear rubbing her back gently.

She nods saying" Otay papa, but u stay with Mia" looking at him with her red hopeful eyes.