Ninth Tale - Cooking with Tilroo

After that weird meeting with miss Rena, I killed some time by doing some jogging around the garden. There, I see other Monsters living there, like butterflies, dragonflies, and even a living rock! They even followed me as long as I'm jogging there, which feels nice.

After the jogging, I head back to the living room where I see that the time is now ten in the morning. While I do want to go back to Arch Typeia, I wanna take a break and spend some time with the maids for today. But I guess that they're busy now, so I'll just watch some TV.

"Brave Liger, Red Layer!"

Huh, they have a superhero show. That's cool. Guess I'm watching that for now.

~~ >> ~~

"Holy crap, they're awesome!"

The show that's called 'Overlay Squadron Super Quants' were actually cooler than I thought. Sure it was cheesy, but it got drama and actual character development on top of giant combining robots. Right after this would be a show called 'Inzektor Zetrike', which I think that they share the same genre, but I'll record that to watch later, because again, I want to spend some time with the maids.

"Ah, Tilroo!" Just as I turned around, I see Tilroo passing by, which she goes to me in return.

"Hello, Master. What can I do for you?" She asked.

"I just want to spend some time with you, so..." Alright, I got stumped of what to do with her... Wait, she cooks right? And since it's almost eleven o'clock... I got an idea! "Wait, how about we start making lunch!"

Tilroo blinked at me and then giggles. "As you wish, Master." And then we go to the kitchen together.

~~ >> ~~

Now that we're at the kitchen, I realized that it's my first time here, and boy it looks complete. All of the spices organized tidily, frozen goods are categorized by different freezers, lots of other neatly organized ingredients, and the cookware that just screams 'Pick one!'.

"This is my pride and joy, after all." Tilroo chimed behind me. Now I'm more grateful to Tilroo for making me all of the delicious foods. "Now, what should we make for lunch?"

Tough question. As much as I like steaks, I'm not in the mood for it today. And besides, I want to cook too, so I'll think of something simple. Sandwiches though... well, they're too simple. This is hard...

Hold on... I see flour, lettuce, and some frozen meat... Wait! That's it!

"How about Hamburger?" Okay, I'm contradicting what I said earlier, but with Tilroo, I want to make a Hamburger from scratch, like making the buns from dough, the patties, and overall the whole cooking hamburger without any pre-made ingredients.

"Hamburger?" Tilroo asked. Wait, she doesn't know what it is? Huh... maybe this is also a good experience for us to learn making one!

"It's a sandwich with a patty in the middle. But the bread is different." I tried to explain as simple as I could. I haven't ate one for a long time honestly, since I switched from it to tacos back then, so we'll try making one from my memory.

"I see. Then shall we cook, Master?" Tilroo understands, and just like that, we agreed on making hamburgers for lunch. 

So, how did it go? For starters, I want to make the buns, so we made the dough and then let it rise for a while. Then we make the patties by grounding the meat and make it a patty shape. Then I bake the buns while Tilroo is cooking the patties. Now that we both finished what we did, I asked Tilroo to slice the buns in half (but she cuts it from top to bottom the first time, but she then understands what I meant.), and then... I feel like it's missing something.

"Wait, the sauce!" I snapped my fingers. How could I forget?! So I quickly tell her what kind of sauce that would go for our burger. I'm thinking of a sweet and spicy sauce, so I ask her to mix mayonnaise with some black pepper and a tiny bit of chili sauce. Once we done making it, I assemble the hamburger by bottom bun first, then the sauce, then the patty, the lettuce, the sliced tomatoes, and finally the top bun.

"And there's that!" I proudly announced. Just by the look of it, it looks better than the ones from fast food restaurants, and I think it tastes great too. By then, both of us now know how to cook it in the future.

"May I try it, Master?" Well of course, Tilroo! We made them together, but I want you to try it since you never had one before. I was going to tell her that we hold it by the bun, but I don't want to embarrass her, so I'll let her use the fork and knife to eat it.

"... Amazing." Tilroo's eyes went wide, so I also try it. And she's right. The hamburgers are amazing! I let Tilroo eat more of it before wiping her mouth with the handkerchief. "Master, thank you for teaching me to cook this. I'll be sure that I'll make this for you in the future."

Aww, you don't have to, Tilroo. I'm just happy that we cook it together, so I smiled and told her just that.

"In that case, then I'm also happy that we cook together, Master." She said. Honestly I want to cook more with Tilroo. It's actually fun!

~~ >/???'s POV/< ~~

Stomach growling noises

I'm hungryyyyy! How long do we have to walk until we get to the Chateau?

"I know that you're complaining, but you're the one who said that you rather walk than riding on my back." I know! But now I'm taking it back! Sure we were at Arch Typeia, but I'm too hungry to keep walking. I just want to ride at your back.

"Well don't worry. We're already here." Finally! Without any hesitation, I pressed the bell rapidly because I can't hold myself any longer. "Oi, stop it!"

The door then opens to see a Dragonmaid in front of us. She's the green one so... Parla?

"Oh, it's you two." She said to my friend. "Is your friend over there famished?" She then gestures at me. It's that obvious.

"Yeah. Sorry for asking for food and all." My friend said.

"No need to apologize. You're just in time too, since Tilroo has made lunch." Thank Horakhty. Without any care, I quickly go in and head straight to the dining room, much to my friend's annoyance. I keep running until I reached the dining room, where I see another Dragonmaid and... a human?! No, a new human?!

"Uhh..." The human gawked at me, but the Dragonmaid just smiled at me.

"Welcome back, Ecclesia. Care to join our lunch together with Master?"

(Cyberstorm Access please come faster so I can see the (hopefully) happy ending for the two!
As always, I hope you guys enjoyed, and Peace Out!~)