Chapter 6

Noah was in the kitchen cooking dinner for me and Chanel, Chanel was still upstairs getting ready, she literally took hours just to get ready.

I walked into the kitchen "Is it okay if I help?"

"Sure, I can teach you a couple of things also."

"What can you teach me?" I walked over and watched him.

"This is a recipe my dad taught me, I'm making the best carbonara spaghetti you'll ever taste."

"I've never heard of that before."

"Well, you can help me by whisking the eggs, the pecorino cheese, and parmesan cheese together, and adding a dash of salt and pepper."

"Okay." I grabbed a bowl and the whisk and started mixing everything together.

He was making the spaghetti noodles from scratch, I watched as he mixed the eggs, flour, oil, and salt together.

"Wow, you make everything from scratch?"

"Not everything, but it's best if I make this from scratch, it's better."

"Okay, do you need help with that?"

"Sure, just keep mixing it and rolling it out."

"Okay." I started mixing it.

"Oh, you got something right here." He wiped some of the flour mixture onto my face and then laughed.

"Wow, you wanna play? Bet." I slapped some onto his face.

"Hey, I only put a little bit on you!" He laughed.

"Oh well." He was about to throw some more on me but I held up my hands "Don't, you're gonna mess up my makeup!"

"Okay." He laughed "I'll stop." He wiped his face off "Here I got you." He walked over to me and wiped it off my face.

"Thank you."

"Of course." He stared into my eyes and down at my lips, his hand was still on my cheek.

I pulled away from him "Uh, so what do I do now?"

"I'll handle the rest, you can just set the table."

"Okay." I walked into the dining room and began setting the table, I put down the plates, knives, and forks. I then grabbed a couple of glasses and set them down too.

He checked the garlic bread that was in the oven "It's almost done." He closed it back.

He cut up some peppers and onions and put them in the pan on top of the oven and mixed it.

"On a scale of 1-10, how good of a cook are you?" I leaned against the counter.

"I think I'm about an 8 or a 9, but you can be the judge of that." He smiled.

"Okay, well I can't wait to taste."

"You're gonna love it."

After 20 minutes he was finally done making all of the food, and he started putting some food on all of our plates.

"Here, try some of this." He scooped some spaghetti up onto the fork and shoved it into my mouth.

"Oh my god, this is delicious." It tasted like heaven.

"I told you."

"You need to teach me how to cook like this, I'm not a bad cook but I'm not a good cook either." I laughed.

"I think your cooking is good, I'll rate it a 9"

"That's sweet, thank you." I smiled.

"Of course." He smiled "Oh, uh, can you go get Chanel, please? Tell her dinner is ready."

"Okay." I walked upstairs and knocked on her door.

"Come in."

I walked inside "Dinner is ready."

"Okay, I'll be down in a few minutes."

"Okay." I left the room and walked back downstairs.

I grabbed a bottle of wine from the cabinet and started filling the glasses up with some.

"You're a wine type of girl, huh?"

"Not really, I keep it around just in case, and I feel like it'll go best with the meal."

"Well me on the other hand I love me some wine"

I set the bottle down in the middle of the table and then sat down, he took a seat next to me as we waited on Chanel.

She finally came downstairs 5 minutes later "Sorry babe, I was getting ready." She sat down.

"You're acting like we're going somewhere" He laughed.

"I know we're not, I still have to look my best." She grabbed her fork and dug in.

Me and him both started to eat "So we have one more place to check out, and if I don't like it we're going with the place I said we should get." Chanel said.

"Okay."

"Your birthday coming up soon baby, what do you wanna do?" She smiled.

"I don't know, I don't think I wanna do anything."

"Are you sure? We can go out and have some dinner or something."

"That's fine with me." He seemed like he didn't even wanna do anything with her.

"Are you okay?" Chanel asked.

"I'm fine."

"You don't seem it, that's why I'm asking." She stared at him.

"I'm just thinking about Italy, I miss it somewhat and I miss my family."

"Aw baby, it will be okay." She leaned over kissing him "Anytime you wanna go visit them then you can, I'll even go with you."

"Thanks." He smiled.