Part 2: Welcome Home

Harry knew he was being impulsive as he sprinted towards Number 4. Gryffindors charge forward, he reminded himself for the third time.

This could be his escape from the Dursleys. His moment to get away from his imprisonment. Maybe his only chance to meet true family.

But it could also be a trap.

A small shiver went down his spine as he fumbled with the keys to the house.

With a deep breath, he left the door locked and placed his finger in the space indicated on the seal. After a small prick and drop of blood - the Goblins are so cruel, he thought while suckling the sore finger - he ripped the seal on the letter. A small glow was all he received as confirmation.

If it were a ploy from Voldemort, I would be dead already, he told himself with conviction.

In an opulent manor many miles away, a certain Dark Lord sneezed suddenly and promptly crucioed anyone who witnessed his spontaneous bout of weakness.

Here goes nothing, Harry thought, his stomach clenching in unease, as he began reading with an unsteady hand.

Heir Potter, the letter read,

I apologize for the abruptness and urgency of this letter.

This letter is my twelfth attempt at contacting you and/or your guardian(s) since 1985. I can only assume that you are either being held against your will or kept ignorant of your roles and rights. Thus, this blood secure letter will activate as a Portkey within 9 minutes, bringing you and your guardian(s) safely to the Potter Country Home in Melbourne, Australia.

Should I have erred with my suspicions, a Portkey will be provided upon your arrival for a safe return to Potter Manor. Should you not wish to visit or arrive with the Portkey, I merely ask for a brief note in response to this letter.

I also beg forgiveness for my rash interference, Heir Potter. I have been following the news of your exploits through the media since your arrival (?) in 1991, and am frankly afraid for your health, the continuation of the Head Line and appalled by the disrespect being shown to the Potter name. I assume that the family solicitors contracted by my dearly departed brother, Charlus, upon receiving his Lordship, are busy at work.

These old eyes look forward to seeing what is left of my Charlus. And I look forward to hearing what news you can provide on the Potter Estate and Potter Holdings! Should no response come from you, I shall attempt once more by post next year, before I physically make the long trek to England.

With kind greetings from the outback,

Your Great-Great-Uncle Virgil

P.S. Your cousin (third cousin to be exact) Henriette Marie, requests that you bring your Firebolt so that she can "burn some rubber" against true competition. I ask that you keep an eye on her apparently pyromaniac inclinations.

P.P.S. Please maintain physical contact with everything and anyone you wish to bring with you. International Portkeys can be tricky sometimes.

---☆---

The letter made Harry blink. Twice.

Potter Country House? Potter Estate, Holdings? What on Earth... Maybe they have me mistaken for another English wizard named Harry Potter… who receives a lot of press... who also owns a Firebolt.