Part 25: The new Hogwarts

It had been a tiring day for Ronald Weasley. He had had two separate book signings for his newest publication and more press conferences than one person should have to ever suffer through.

It's times like these that I do not envy Potter, he thought with a mental grimace.

After defeating He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named nearly a decade ago, Potter's fame had soared so high that he – according to the one interview he gave to Penelope Clearwater in the aftermath of the Last Battle – had secluded himself in his abnormally large manor with his family. He left only for meetings with other celebrities, politicians, and leaders of various fields.

The Prophet had nearly changed the name of their newspaper to "Potter-Watch" - if the rumors in Diagon Alley's corporate section were to be believed. Regardless of the possible name change, the reporters had written about anything they could dig up on the elusive Potters. The public ate up everything it read hungrily. Even his own mother, whose hatred of Sirius Black and Harry Potter was legendary after the tiara debacle that notorious day at Grimmauld Place, swore that Potter was off in Africa fighting evil desert sorcerers for the betterment of the world.

Ron had been graced by his former best friend's presence only once, at an invite-only gala for the richest and most powerful in the country two years ago at one of the Potter houses. Potter Manor itself had become a thing of modern legends since Potter restricted access to the property for all but loved ones and his closest friends, of which Ron was no longer either.

Ron was sure the only reason for his invitation to the small gala was the groundbreaking Potions research he had pioneered in triple-split brewing. Potter barely deigned to congratulate him or shake the hand of his former best mate.

Not like I wanted to touch the slimy bastard anyway.

With a hopeful look at his diamond-studded watch, Ron bit back a groan. He was going to be late to his own Order of Merlin ceremony if he didn't hurry home to change and eat.

His lifestyle might have evolved over the course of the years, but Ron still never missed a meal.

With long steps, he reached the nearest Apparition point in little to no time. One well-practiced twirl later, and he found himself standing in front of the house on his elegant and sprawling estate. The white-washed woods of the main house with their Tudor feel were surrounded by 50 acres including a croquet lawn with a summer house, an apple orchard, a small lake and a folly.

A small wave of satisfaction rolled through him as he subconsciously compared his new home to the Burrow and to the residences of his siblings.

Although he would never want to replace his childhood home, he was quite proud of having worked hard enough to earn the two-floor manor and surrounding lands.

He knew he was the envy of all of his siblings, even though their career successes had quite often preceded and overshadowed his own. Since he had no chance of receiving the Prewitt Headship due to his gender, he had approached his father about petitioning for the Weasley Lordship. The last Lord Weasley had been his father's grandfather, and Ron had been certain that the Lordship – if the petition were even accepted by the Wizengamot - would go to Bill or Charlie.

Therefore, he had been pleasantly surprised when the wise patriarch of their family agreed with him. "If anyone has a chance to reinstate the Family in the Wizengamot, Ronald, it will be you!" His father had even taken care of the paperwork.