CHAPTER THREE

"Hi," he said, "you must be Madelyn

     "Hi," he said, "you must be Madelyn."

"Maddy."

"Maddy, well welcome to Kingsdale, I'll see you around."

And with that he left, Carmen rolled her eyes. "He's so annoying sometimes, he acts like every girl is begging to sleep with him, like you have a whole ass girlfriend," she snapped. "He seems harmless," I said and started to walk over to one of the shorter lines, "he can't be that bad."

"Oh you'd be surprised, trust me don't be like some of the girls here, Avery isn't nice and Leo makes it worse by talking to them."

"I'm sure they're both are nice people."

I was really trying to justify Avery's actions but as Carmen went on to explain how for the past three years since they became official, Avery has tormented every girl and guy that dares to look at him. In her eyes, Leo isn't any better as he thinks he's hot shit since his "glow up" when they were sophomores.

"Ever since he got his acne removed he's been annoying. The only reason Avery even hit that girl at lunch was because she sent nudes to Leo, and why did she do that? Because he told her to."

"Does Avery know?"

"Of course Avery knows but she's too terrified of being alone that breaking up with him isn't even an option, that's why they're together again."

"That's sad."

"It's pathetic."

I wouldn't call it that, I completely understand her problem, I was the same way when my ex cheated on me multiple times, but I loved them too much to convince myself that they were garbage. Thankfully, Renée helped me through it and it's been a good bit of time.

Don't date college freshmen as a sophomore.

After our photos, Carmen invited me to a party she was having, "It's just a few friends of mine."

And by a few friends a good portion of the school showed up.

Shay and the others jumped out the backseat of Dakota's Explorer and the five of us started up the brick steps that lead to Carmen's massive house—I was so envious.

Future was playing as we entered, I looked around for Carmen as the others separated to go find something to do. Carmen saw me and rushed over, the light hitting her gold hoop earrings as she rushed over to hug me. "Don't you look fine as ever?" She said over the loud as music, I rolled my eyes playfully. "You said this was a small party." I replied, she nodded. "It is, trust me these get huge over the summer!" She threw her head back and finished off her drink, suddenly a really tall buff dude walked over.

"Hey Jones a freshman snuck in and is passed out on the stairs."

Carmen scoffed, "Somebody needs to check IDs, anyways Maddy mingle, I'll be back soon."