CHAPTER FIVE

That morning of Wednesday October twenty-fourth was the worst morning of my life

It was the morning Leo Choi decided to corner me in the hallway and demand I go to his party after school on Friday night as the football team would be celebrating winning every game since the season started. Was I dreading this? Yes, because not only was this Leo kid suddenly hanging out with me but I was basically being forced into going and not just by Leo.

"Why is he eating lunch with us?" Shay asked me as I closed my locker door. "If I knew I'd tell you," I said walking away. "It's probably a trap, Avery is baiting you," she said fixing her ponytail, I rolled my eyes. "I don't think Avery knows her boyfriend like she thinks, he literally sleeps with half the school doesn't he?" I replied. "Not half the school it's mostly girls he knows are vulnerable and too "in love" to even think straight, I was one of those girls." She said with a frown and we entered the cafeteria.

Shay made a be-line for the line and I headed to our table where none other than Leo was sitting. "Hey," he said, "how was third period?"

"Leo," I said taking a seat, "what is your game."

"Game?"

"Yeah—"

"Why are you sitting with her?"

I sighed, great.

Avery stood there with her arms crossed, Leo looked her and said, "Babe I can sit with other people."

"Not with her," she hissed looking me up and down. "Avery—" he started but she cut him off, "No Leo, look at her, she's trying to break us up."

"I'm literally trying to eat," I said. "Shut up," Avery snarled. "Avery this is why we broke up the first time, you promised you'd stop acting like this when I'm around other girls." He said and ran his hand through hair, Avery narrowed her eyes at us.

"Fuck you Leo Choi," she hissed and stormed off.

I had no idea what the fuck just happened but I'm ninety percent sure they just broke up. Leo continued to sit with us throughout the rest of the week and as October came to an end I was seriously starting to get annoyed by his presence.

"Someone has to tell him that we aren't his friends," Dakota said that day, we decided to have lunch outside as it was starting to get cooler and Shay begged us to go outside, James looked me and I scoffed, "Why me?"

"Because he likes you," Suzi said pulling the pepperonis off her pizza and putting them to side, I had to laugh, they were definitely kidding, but the looks on their faces me made feel sick.

"Please be joking."

"No, his feelings are too obvious."

I rolled my eyes still not believing them. "You guys know I'm lesbian right?" I asked and the three of them blinked before whispering amongst themselves, James turned to look at me then back at the group, I raised my eyebrow.