CHAPTER FOUR

      I hate dress shopping.

But damn did I look hot as fuck right now.

The dress was black and strapless, it was super sparkly and flared around my hips, it was a typically homecoming dress and I believed it would pair great with the black heels my mom so kindly bought me for this particular occasion.

I slid back into my thick hoodie and jeans before walking out the dressing room with the dress in tow. "So?" The girl, who was so enthusiastic about helping find "the dress" asked me with her hands clasped together. "I'll take it," I said as we approached the cash register to pay. The dress wasn't pricey at all, only one-seventeen, honestly cheaper than a good majority of the ones I tried on.

"Thank you," I said and took my receipt, I exited the dress shop and smiled as Dakota walked out of the Hot Topic with three bags. "Oh thank God you're finished," he said.

Let me give you a rundown on this week's things that happened.

First it's October sixth, Homecoming is in two weeks, we're currently on fall break and once homecoming ends we will return to school, surprisingly Kingsdale doesn't do the dress up thing most school's do. There's a reason for this and it involves a group of freshmen that showed up with toy guns to school.

Yeah, so they banned that and pushed our break forward.

Second, James, Suzi, and Shay are mad at me because of the shit that Carmen has been saying to everyone about how James has been texting her nonstop, which is somehow my fault—I don't know, now you're probably wondering; why is Dakota still with you? Oh, because they're mad at him for sitting with me at lunch that day.

What fun.

Since my car is in the shop because it's making a rattling noise I've been riding with Dakota pretty much everywhere and because he had to go to the mall today he offered me a ride to get my dress, which is something mom's usually do, but my mom is fairly busy with her own things.

(Nor do I want her involved as anything she picks out is usually ugly.)

As for the Avery situation, nothing has been going on, I've been avoiding Leo like the plague so I don't get my head ripped off.

"Let's get some food," Dakota said and entered the food court, "I want a corn dog."

I wasn't hungry and chose to sit down but when Dakota walked over and sat down a basket of fries my stomach suddenly decided it wanted food.

I grabbed a few fries and from the basket and dipped them into the bit of ranch he brought over, we sat there in silence and ate for a moment, it was only when Dakota rolled his eyes that all hell broke loose. "Man fuck," he said looking over at the entrance, coming in was them, they noticed us but didn't say two words and went on their merry little ways. "Dicks," I said loud as possible just so they could hear and they did because Shay turned around and shot me a deadly look.