CHAPTER SEVEN

I ran a lot back in California, back then I was on the track team and playing soccer, I was also a lot skinnier back then too, but when I hit my freshman year everything (including my weight) just faltered

I ran a lot back in California, back then I was on the track team and playing soccer, I was also a lot skinnier back then too, but when I hit my freshman year everything (including my weight) just faltered. I sighed and halted from my run, I checked my Fitbit, I ran a total of five miles today.

That wasn't too bad.

After chugging my water I sat down on the curb and focused on my breathing; like I said before I was a lot more "fit" back then. When an hour passed I stood up only to have to catch myself, I held my head my vision had blurred some and the lightness in my head was brutal.

I took the walk back home very slowly, in truth I haven't been eating much—I've been so stressed recently that food just seemed less important.

I mean with exams coming up, not to mention prom was underway and fucking graduation, I just didn't see a point in eating right now. I slipped into the bathroom and ran a hot bath, I needed to soak and hopefully get rid of this damn headache forming, I submerged myself I wasn't sure how long I had been in there but when I broke surface again Angel was barking.

I huffed and got out the tub, drying quickly and throwing on a tank top which would be soaked in the next two seconds along with some sweats, I walked to the front door and opened it. To my surprise there stood Avery, she blinked when she saw me, i felt my face contoured in both surprise and excitement.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi," she replied, "are you busy?"

Angel ran out and begin to jump on her, I scoffed and grabbed her collar pulling her back inside. "No, why?" I asked. "I'm bored and have no one to hang out with," she said, I raised my eyebrow. "So you came to my neighborhood? You drove from East Wood to my neighborhood?" I asked leaning against the door frame, I watched Avery's cheeks redden. "I was just driving, okay? Don't be weird."

I giggled. "Nah I'm not busy, what did you wanna do?"

"Go dress shopping and get food? Just the two of us?"

I shrugged, Shay was grounded anyway and Suzi's parents were far too strict to even allow her to go with me. "Let me get dressed, come in make yourself comfortable," I walked back into my room and changed into a loose sweatshirt and some slip on shoes. I was little shocked I'd be hanging out with Avery, but she's changed I feel it.

When I walked back out, Avery was playing tug-o-war with Angel. "She's a bitch," I told her as I put on my coat, "are we going to the mall?"

She nodded and followed me out the door. "Let's take your car," she said, "my car literally sucks in the snow."

I looked at the red Mustang parked on the side of my street. "Sure, but um park it in my spot, the tow truck comes around this time of day and tickets you." I explained getting into my car and pulling out, once that was over we drove up to the mall, which was two towns over, we blasted music and sang our hearts out.