First Encounter with Shooting Star

The scene switches perspective to James driver, Jerich Hudson.

Jerich Hudson just before preparing on the night trip, he had brought his revolver along with him. The firemen, Seth looked at Jerich and questioned him.

"Why are you bringing a revolver along this night trip? asked Seth.

"I am just bringing this revolver that I got as a gift from my grandfather as a protection." answered Jerich.

Jerich and Seth get on the cab of James to prepare the night trip.

After the workmen had hooked the supply goods to James. James whistled and puff away to send the goods to the town. Driver said to James.

"Hey James, I know you are cross that you don't get rest but I mean the town is not that far away so If we finish it on time with your cooperation, you could maybe get a well deserved rest." said Jerich to James.

James sighed.

"I guess you are right." said James to the driver.

As James was puffing along the hillside after passing Lower Tidmouth Station, Jerich Hudson had turned on the radio and hears the following:

"Good evening, Sodorian and all engines alike. It seems like the shooting star that was supposed to be happening 10:30 P.M ago is now predicted at 8:50 P.M by astronomers. If you are one of the people that want to see the shooting star this evening then I recommend looking at the night sky at best, 8:30 P.M. With that, have a lovely evening" 

Jerich Hudson hears this and is quite suprised

"Wait, the shooting star is happening at 8:30 P.M? well it seems like we won't be in time to get in the sheds to see the stars." said Jerich as he told to James.

"What??" pondered James.

"But that mean I can only see the shooting star during this trip and that is if I even see it during my journey. This is truly the worst evening I've had!" said James as he expresses a sad look.

Then James driver and fireman comforted James saying:

"Don't worry James, atleast we are with you. Besides we can't disappoint Sir Topham Hatt." said Jerich to James.

James is somewhat feeling better, hearing the words from Jerich. James continue on his journey, passing the Shunting Yard into the railway that leads to Dryaw. Then, James the Red Engine passes the Dryaw Station and notice hundreds of people outside their home, looking at the night sky containing hundreds of stars hoping to get a look of the purple shooting star.

James takes another sigh.

"I... I just wish I was at the Sheds back at Tidmouth. All the engines there are probably having fun, resting peacefully and getting to see the shooting star in their comforts. I really want to enjoy my time as much Gordon makes few comments. I just want to be with them..." James said as he expresses another sad look